SW Idaho Adventures

• HTML tutorial

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Gorge-us!

SW Idaho Overlanding's second attempt at reaching a gorge in SE Oregon. With a mechanical failure the first time will they make it this time? Ride along and see as they find interesting roads on their way to their destination.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:
Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Mordor V4.0-Day 1

SW Idaho decides to join the Mordor V4.0 trip. Meeting up with trip planner and other adventurers we head into northern Utah to spend the next 4 days. Ride along with us as we travel the old Central Pacific rail bed 90 miles from Promotory, Utah to Lucin, Utah.

This trip includes attending the 150 year anniversary of the Golden Spike at Promotory, Utah, driving the old rail bed 90 miles west, stopping at old camps and towns along the way, as well as some extras. This part of Utah probably has not changed much since the time the rails were laid in 1869. It was remote then and still is. If you listen closely you might hear a lonesome whistle blow....

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3 Part 1

Day 3 Part 2

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho joins another adventure. Meeting up with trip planner and other adventurers we head into central Oregon to spend the next 5 days exploring. Ride along with us on this Oregon Geology Tour.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 1
This episode includes Glass Buttes, Christmas Valley Sand Dunes and Lost Forest.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 2
This episode includes Christmas Valley, Crack In The Ground, Green Mountain Campground/Lookout, Derricks Cave and Oregon's Largest Juniper Tree.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 3
This episode includes Fort Rock, Hole In The Ground, Big Hole and getting lost in the forest.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 4
This episode includes Arnold Cave, Prineville Oregon, and Painted Hills.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 5
This episode includes John Day Fossil Beds Center and James Cant Ranch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaytperry89

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho Overlanding takes Coyote Works invite and joins him on his 2019 Invitational trip.

Join us, and 101 other vehicles, as we venture into Central Oregon for a 3 day trip with Casey. Coyote Works shows us one of his special places in his back yard. So hit the trails and lets see what there is to see in this vast open space Casey calls home.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Last edited:

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I WANNA ROCK! Day 1 is up!

SW Idaho Overlanding is in search of rocks.

Join us as we head to South Central Idaho to find some interesting rocks. Some are big rocks and some are small rocks. Some rocks have holes in them and some rocks are towering. A couple of times we are in rock! One thing you will see in these videos are rocks, in many shapes and sizes. So "rock on" and join us on this adventure and you too will WANNA ROCK by time it is over.

Day 1

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2/Part 2-Day 3

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Last trip out before the Corona lock down. Social distancing before it was cool.....

Winter Wonderland III
It's January and cabin Fever has set in. SW Idaho Overlanding decide to tackle the great outdoors of SW Idaho, determined to break the winter doldrums. Come ride with them as they visit interesting places and drive the surrounding desert in this winter adventure.

Reactions: reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Pulling this one out of the video archives. With the Jeep being down and Corona, things have gotten a bit lean.

This was not a regularly scheduled trip for myself. A friend wanted me to guide him and some of his friends on a trail I had taken him on a few years before. These guys normally take their rigs and tackle much harder trails than this one since their rigs are set up for rock crawling. Sometimes you just need something different.

Come along with us as we travel the open desert and then drop down into a side canyon of the Snake River. We follow the Snake River for a bit and then finish off in a play area before needing to head back.

Reactions: Sparksalot

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Just got back from the deep deserts of Idaho, Oregon and Nevada. Had a great time with everyone who took on the challenge with me. Here is a preview of upcoming video content. See you on the trails, George.

Reactions: tundra21 and reaver

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
SW Idaho Overlanding is attending another MORDOR adventure. We have attended this gathering for a few years now. Follow us as we venture back to Mordor for a 4 day adventure. Joining us is Iroh the pup on his first adventure.

Day 1: The gathering, looking for a cave and camp.

Day 2: This episode we hike the Wood Road. This is a road that was used to access juniper trees that where growing in the lava flows for fence posts over a hundred years ago. Too bad you can not drive it anymore.

Day 3: This episode we return to find the cave we were looking for in episode 1. Then it is a lot of desert driving to get to our new camp spot.

Day 4: The last day and episode of the Mordor V5.0 trip is up. This episode we drive across Mordor! What a fun trip this one was. Iroh the pup did fantastic! Thanks for watching, George.

Last edited: