Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I'm not the fanciest with electronic gizmos, but the coordinates for Hoodoo Pass are 46.975458, -115.02652080000001

It comes up quite easy on Google maps. From that world famous Pilot station, head along the river on Diamond Rd, which gets renamed Trout Cr/FR 250 for about 25 miles. If you start going downhill, you're in the wrong State, but it's marked.

There's a semi-protected area directly across the road from the actual Pass parking lot, I'm leaning towards that spot, if unoccupied, since there is a little tree buffer from the road. There's a vault toilet about a mile before the top of the pass, I don't recall seeing any at the Pass proper.

I'll have my ham radio on K6YTI (K6yeti), on 146.46, and CB Ch 7, loggers are running that channel in this area.
The Forest Service runs channel 7 in the Red Ives area also.

Reactions: britz

Jaws XD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA
Member #

Not 100% yet, but thinking I may throw my hat in this convoy...lol...Mrs. Jaws is working on getting the 27th off...if this happens we can make it at 8am @coeur D Alene, ID...driving from Visalia, CA...lol...18 hours away...no big deal...lol....I’ll keep you posted...if you are full that’s ok...I’ll find another journey...Thanks!

Jaws

Jaws XD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA
Member #

Not 100% yet, but thinking I may throw my hat in this convoy...lol...Mrs. Jaws is working on getting the 27th off...if this happens we can make it at 8am @coeur D Alene, ID...driving from Visalia, CA...lol...18 hours away...no big deal...lol....I’ll keep you posted...if you are full that’s ok...I’ll find another journey...Thanks!

Jaws
Sorry I’m 16 hours and 44mins away...lol

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

My fiance and I will be able to make it, and looking forward to meeting some more local members. If we get out of town early enough will try to meet at Hoodoo Friday evening with those meeting up with Britz, but may not be able to get out until after 5 and may camp before Hoodoo then meet in Superior. I have an old handheld CB I'll see if it works, and have GMRS in the vehicle with a few handhelds as well.

Jaws XD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA
Member #

Ok...looks like we are out :( wife can’t get the 27th off, so we wouldn’t have time to make it. I’ll keep a eye out for next time!

Thanks!

Reactions: britz

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Ok...looks like we are out :( wife can’t get the 27th off, so we wouldn’t have time to make it. I’ll keep a eye out for next time!

Thanks!
I run the Magruder Corridor and Lolo Motorway quite a bit, it's my backyard. If you ever want to run either or both, I just need about 9 or 10 minutes notice.

kevin Timmons

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Spokane Wa
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Timmons
All,
I have changed my RSVP status to "Maybe". Long week at work and the house purchase are rushing me a bit. I'll do my best but sometimes things don't align. Safe travels.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Since I'm taking a different route to recon a future trip, and mostly likely rolling solo, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to post my path of travel to Hoodoo Pass tomorrow night. I'll be on the 250Rd from Pierce to Kelly Forks, then detouring on FR 255 (Moose Cr) back to Deception Saddle where Ill meet back up to the 250rd. I shouldn't have a problem, reports are FR 255 is "in rough shape", but the Forestry service has to take all rigs and trailers into consideration.

I should be at Hoodoo Pass by 6pm, the latest, most likely 4:30, White 4 Dr JK, ID plate # I 71914

I figure better safe than sorry.

Last edited: