Strange occurrences and tales of the unexplained!

• HTML tutorial

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Ive heard thats what they do. So, well just figure you were indeed probed, and you liked it.:tearsofjoy:
I think they enjoy it more, Lol...on the other hand...do we really believe tha they fly millions of light years to look up our anus?! Man, who did they piss of to get such a crappy job?! :smile:

mark_themachinst_guy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Island, New York
Member #

Another story about lights;
Once summer, while camping in the middle of nowhere in upstate NY. My friend and I, were staring at the night sky after a few after dinner cold ones. It was a new moon, and the middle of nowhere so all the stars were out. We could even see the Milky Way without the aid of a telescope. (Or so we were told by his uncle, who had a few more beers than we did)
We were looking at the stars, when a weird object zipped into our view, stopped in the middle of the sky, and turned sharp to the right. I remember it having three bright lights in a row, and when it turned they changed from bright white to red, almost like the tail lights of a car. It was way up there too, too far up to really make out any details.
What convinced me it was something out of the ordinary, was almost immediately after it vanished we saw three more objects following in its path, but they were moving slower. We thought they might be military jets, or helicopters following in the objects path.

We then, cracked open another beer and said “well that was fuckin’ weird huh?” And continued about our night. But it’s one of the only times I ever saw a “UFO” in person. I’ve been on the lookout for another one ever since. I should bring a telescope with me the next time we go camping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laughing Otter

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Idaho, circa 1989. Using the family campsite as a basecamp, a highschool friend of mine and I set out with packs to forge a river and head up a nearby mountain to camp on our own. We were on the South fork of the Boise river. We climbed the mountain for a few hours and got about half way up it (we had thought we might reach the top, but didn't even come close). The weather was excellent, clear, and warm. So we used foam bed rolls, and bags. No tent. We awoke about 2am to the sound of something large circling our position and not happy about our presence. It was knocking down trees around us. We got the nerve to try to light up the area with flashlights, but the trees were dense, and the light couldn't go far enough to see anything. The sounds persisted for a few hours, and we lay there silently awake for about 3 hours until first light. As soon as there was enough light to move, we grabbed our stuff and quickly went straight down the mountain. We never saw the animal, nor did it make a distinct enough noise to identify it (some huffs and grunts, but vague). From knowledge of the area, and the behavior, my guess is that it was a brown bear, and we just happened to have plopped down right in its range. I was 15.

Reactions: Laughing Otter

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

There was this one time while I was visiting a former friend of mine where she lived, she told me the place was haunted, needless to say, I didn't belive her.

When we walked outside (because she wanted to show me something), I could very easily see a pair of very angry eyes right above the house.

She then told me that if I went outside on my own I would not be able to open the front door unless she was with me.

A while later we were watching something on tv when I could see a faint shadow going up and down the stairs in the corner of my eye, as soon as I told her that I just noticed 2 shadows, only to suddenly feel the weight of 2 people sitting on my lap, she told me that was probably the little girl and the grandad in what used to be a family of 5 (4 people and a dog) that used to live there.

She also told me that before her and her parents moved in, that rebuilt the house and the yard because someone was supposed to be buried on that property, I never set foot there again.

And then there was that time I lost my memory for a long time without knowing why.

Actually, I've lost my memory twice, the second time was december 19th to december 23rd 2009 after I wrecked my car on the highway.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

This is not in the woods but ..
For a good 5 years I was 100% convinced my dad's house was haunted ,had a spirit living in it whatever you want to call it .
For a couple examples, pictures of my step mom would either be crooked , completely on their side or get knocked off the wall in the middle of the night .
The cats would have weird freak outs from time to time , you would hear a creek in the floor like someone was walking in either the kitchen or the hallway and the cats would do the whole Halloween thing (hair standing straight up ached back hissing and growling ) but always run between whoever was in the room and the noise , plus they would never go in the kitchen even if you put their food in there .
In the basement there was a large brick fireplace with a space behind it where there was a large lay down freezer and a pull chain light . One time my best friend was staying the night and we where in the basement almost asleep and all of a sudden it looked like someone turned on that light behind the fireplace but there was no click , then the light that had a odd you know how oil on water looks with that rainbow like hue to it proceeded to move across the room and to the stairs then disappeared. To this day he won't go in the basement .
The real odd part is after my step mom moved out everything stopped .

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

I saw "something" far, far away one night in the sky. It was too fast and eratic and I'm pretty sure it was unidentified. Other people saw it, so if I'm crazy, I'll have company.

"Fight or flight" is a very real sense that I've learned to take VERY serious.

As a gigging musician for 35+ years, I used to drive home from bars listening to "Coast to Coast" and such. That stuff will weird you out after a long night.............
I'm a big Art Bell and George Noory fan myself.

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I'm a big Art Bell and George Noory fan myself.
I used to listen to Art Bell all the time. Even called in and talked to him once about a crop circle that he was talking about that was close to where I lived. I didn't stick with the show after he left, though.