Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok I watch Michael's out of town in 20 vid, which everyone should watch! Anyway I ordered 3 Plano 1919 totes and love them BUT I wish they was taller, I mean a few inches of height would allow so much more to be carried, granted harder to put on roof rack but I could deal with it.....

So anyone got an alternative? The plano 1919 is just under 38" long, and 14" wide and just over 18" tall or it could be 14" tall and just over 18" wide, to darn hot to go measure...LOL

Jim

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
I think the 1919s are also highly used because they are the largest / correct dimensions to avoid paying airlines oversized luggage fees.

As a result, I would imagine that most competition would not want to miss that spec by a couple inches and lose on some market share.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Flipper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ok I watch Michael's out of town in 20 vid, which everyone should watch! Anyway I ordered 3 Plano 1919 totes and love them BUT I wish they was taller, I mean a few inches of height would allow so much more to be carried, granted harder to put on roof rack but I could deal with it.....

So anyone got an alternative? The plano 1919 is just under 38" long, and 14" wide and just over 18" tall or it could be 14" tall and just over 18" wide, to darn hot to go measure...LOL

Jim
I wish they were a little shorter to reduce the wind resistance. You probably allready have seen this thread but a member used foam weather striping to "waterproof" the box. It rally does work.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I wish they were a little shorter to reduce the wind resistance. You probably allready have seen this thread but a member used foam weather striping to "waterproof" the box. It rally does work.
Good idea I will look for the thread.....
Thanks!

Jim