Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Before my 4Runner arrived, I had ordered a set of LED under hood light kits from TacoDane on TacomaWorld/Dane2992 on T4R.org

The kit arrived today, I installed it this afternoon, and just went outside to take photos in the dark. I am extremely pleased with the results! There is even light across the entire engine bay, without any overly bright areas.

I chose "warm white" as the color for my set of lights, and I'm glad I did. Some of the photos of other kits appeared almost bluish to me, but the warm white "seems" to me to be just a natural daylight color.

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Before my 4Runner arrived, I had ordered a set of LED under hood light kits from TacoDane on TacomaWorld/Dane2992 on T4R.org

The kit arrived today, I installed it this afternoon, and just went outside to take photos in the dark. I am extremely pleased with the results! There is even light across the entire engine bay, without any overly bright areas.

I chose "warm white" as the color for my set of lights, and I'm glad I did. Some of the photos of other kits appeared almost bluish to me, but the warm white "seems" to me to be just a natural daylight color.

Very cool, and practical. I could see this being put to use if you ran into trouble in a dark area. Gotta be able to see how to work on it. Love it.
Nice rig, keep it coming.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Really like this. Plenty of usable light.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I haven't been doing much with the 4Runner lately other than enjoying driving it. Yesterday I tore out the center stack and added a switch that overrides the rear camera. Now I can have the rear camera on at any time, not just when in reverse. The harness I used has further options to add a switcher and switch between rear, front, and side cameras, which I may add at some point.

I've used one month of my free three month Sirius Radio subscription, so I've started fiddling with how to wire in my Sirius Sportster 5 radio from the Outback. I'm doing this instead of using the built in Sirius because I have a lifetime subscription tied to the Sportster. A couple pieces are on their way from Amazon, and then I'll post some photos.

Also soon to be on its way is a pair of C4 Fabrication Rock Sliders! I got in on the group buy over on T4R.org, and they will be delivered directly to a local powder coating business. Photos to come on those in a couple of weeks, too.

Sample photos (mine won't have any text)

13165956_1191756957515467_1330002299586903570_n.jpg 13166060_1191757137515449_3058651791556268243_n.jpg 13220902_1191592690865227_4854872499675405632_n.jpg 13239025_1191757080848788_2396290714952180933_n.jpg

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

This is way overdue, but here are some photos with the Baja Design Squadron-R Pro Wide Cornering Amber aimed lower than the previous test.

Baja Designs Squadron-R Pro Wide Cornering Amber Fogs only

Xenon Depot HID Low Beams Only

Xenon Depot HID Low Beams and Baja Designs Squadron-R Pro Wide Cornering Amber Fogs

Stock High Beams and Xenon Depot HID Low Beams

Stock High Beams, Xenon Depot HID Low Beams, and Baja Designs Squadron-R Pro Wide Cornering Amber Fogs

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

And today I permanently wired my SiriusXM Sportster 5 radio. I moved the AUX and USB outlets behind the cubby and drilled through the back to feed the wires. I'm using this instead of the built in XM radio because I have a lifetime subscription for the Sportster.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

MVO

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Johns Creek, GA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
O’Hara
Member #

I have the '16 TEP w/KDSS as well. And Im thinking about the same tire so I would love to know more! Is there any rubbing? It looks like you did not do any suspension changes. So did the stiffer tire improve the nose dip when bracking?

Thanks a bunch for this thread.
Malcolm

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I have the '16 TEP w/KDSS as well. And Im thinking about the same tire so I would love to know more! Is there any rubbing? It looks like you did not do any suspension changes. So did the stiffer tire improve the nose dip when bracking?

Thanks a bunch for this thread.
Malcolm
HI Malcolm!

Nope, no rubbing whatsoever. I haven't had mine off road yet, but there are plenty of threads over on T4R.org with confirmation of no rubbing. I was back and forth between the 275 E rated and the 265 C rated tires. I'm very pleased with my decision. I keep them at 35 PSI so far. And yes, my suspension is all stock. These tires are no more noisy than the OEM tires, nor noisier than the Geolandar A/T-S tires I had on the Outback. I really like 'em, and so do a *lot* of other 4Runner owners.

As for nose dive, I can't really say. I put the tires on with only 50 miles on the odometer, so I didn't get a feel for how the OEM tires performed. The nose dive was/is noticeable compared to my Outback, but I can't say if I notice an improvement. I have read that it does, but I can't say for sure.

I hope that helps,
Steve

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland