First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Morning all,

New member, based in S Yorks. Looking to meet / make new friends to go greenlaning/camping.

Anyone around this area got some experience? Or able to point me in the right direction?

Spooky
Hi Spooky,

Firstly welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.

I am your Europe Ambassador and with the local experts we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

We have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presence at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group.

Your local experts:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220 Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look forward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Currently we have a number of members relatively close by and one at Hebden Bridge who will shortly be heading off on a 5 year trip .
Members are arranging trips meets and Lanes throughout the year. There is 1 Meet and Lane trip this coming weekend in the Lake District where a coupe of members are getting together so jump on the Rally Point to take a look.
Give me a shout if you need help support or just and introduction to other members.

Reactions: spookyandroid

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Morning all,

New member, based in S Yorks. Looking to meet / make new friends to go greenlaning/camping.

Anyone around this area got some experience? Or able to point me in the right direction?

Spooky
Hi pal! Welcome again, I replied on the other thread

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
Morning all,

Spooky
Ay up pal not too far from yourself Huddersfield, what vehicle you got. I'm slowly building up the Shogun my last shogun had the go to the grave yard so I'm starting a fresh.
nice to say hello.

spookyandroid

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sheffield, UK
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Dee
Ay up pal not too far from yourself Huddersfield, what vehicle you got. I'm slowly building up the Shogun my last shogun had the go to the grave yard so I'm starting a fresh.
nice to say hello.
Hey buddy, shoguns are great motors, very underrated IMO. What you got planned for it?

I'm rocking a def 90 with some unique bits and bobs done, got a badlander roof tent too but its not always fitted.

What else you done to yours?

Attachments

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
Not too much at the moment, I've only had it 6 mth my old now was costing too much. The plan was to have some bits done before we went on holiday in Easter, but my dog had other plans like busting her knee and snapping her ligaments wipped me out of my penny's I had to oneside just shy of £800 on vet fees anyway, that's my ally self build roof rack and raised air on hold for a few month's.
Not all is lost forgot I had an OB11 Tourqe pro reader and my son has given me his tablet and DL the app for this site its really good.
Made some roof nets, and 100 amp supply to the rear on a raised platform for the cool box and charging equipment, an ongoing project I'll post a picture later its on my laptop, lots and lots to do overtime.
I looked at landys but the wife won't drive a manual anymore, anymore plans for yours?

Attachments

spookyandroid

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sheffield, UK
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Dee
Not too much at the moment, I've only had it 6 mth my old now was costing too much. The plan was to have some bits done before we went on holiday in Easter, but my dog had other plans like busting her knee and snapping her ligaments wipped me out of my penny's I had to oneside just shy of £800 on vet fees anyway, that's my ally self build roof rack and raised air on hold for a few month's.
Not all is lost forgot I had an OB11 Tourqe pro reader and my son has given me his tablet and DL the app for this site its really good.
Made some roof nets, and 100 amp supply to the rear on a raised platform for the cool box and charging equipment, an ongoing project I'll post a picture later its on my laptop, lots and lots to do overtime.
I looked at landys but the wife won't drive a manual anymore, anymore plans for yours?
Nice work, and it sounds like you're a dab hand at all the tech stuff! Great going.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hopefully shes on the mend now.

ha my missus wasn't too keen at driving at first but shes taken to it now and is very much into driving it. I've put a lot of work in mechanically making it drive as close to new as possible, its not perfect as they never were out of the factory but its pretty damn good.

For me, I feel I'm probably there or there about with mods, there's all sorts inside, I've still got a diesel 2kw heater to fit and a custom windows panel to duct into the roof tent for cool nights away, aside from that, tow bar and maybe a caravan for tamer camping trips as the missus isn't overly bothered about overlanding at this point and it is difficult so far as I can tell to find some decent spots in the UK - thats sort of whats brought me here, it seems a bit of a minefield.

You done much overlanding or just working on the build like me?

Reactions: Yorkshire Viking

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
Nice work, and it sounds like you're a dab hand at all the tech stuff! Great going.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hopefully shes on the mend now.

ha my missus wasn't too keen at driving at first but shes taken to it now and is very much into driving it. I've put a lot of work in mechanically making it drive as close to new as possible, its not perfect as they never were out of the factory but its pretty damn good.

For me, I feel I'm probably there or there about with mods, there's all sorts inside, I've still got a diesel 2kw heater to fit and a custom windows panel to duct into the roof tent for cool nights away, aside from that, tow bar and maybe a caravan for tamer camping trips as the missus isn't overly bothered about overlanding at this point and it is difficult so far as I can tell to find some decent spots in the UK - thats sort of whats brought me here, it seems a bit of a minefield.

You done much overlanding or just working on the build like me?
The plan is for me and the lad to do some when the car is ready, but at the moment it's a slow build this year.
We've a other family hol booked in summer to Pembrokeshire again with the caravan, just not had chance to look at some tame green lanes down there, I need to get a post on here asking about some, might do that after tea today.
This is my old car, caravan is the same,this is the set up in the back of the old car and a straight swap to the new one,but looks 100 times enter this time it's all carpeted.

Attachments

spookyandroid

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sheffield, UK
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Dee
The plan is for me and the lad to do some when the car is ready, but at the moment it's a slow build this year.
We've a other family hol booked in summer to Pembrokeshire again with the caravan, just not had chance to look at some tame green lanes down there, I need to get a post on here asking about some, might do that after tea today.
This is my old car, caravan is the same,this is the set up in the back of the old car and a straight swap to the new one,but looks 100 times enter this time it's all carpeted.
Nice setup that mate. Theres always something we can/want to do to make things better but if it gives you what you need and it works, thats main thing, Then again, i like stuff perfect too. ha.

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
I'll take a picture of the new set up when I've done some mods to it, got some new parts coming for it this week.
Just been looking at mounting systems for the dash to hold this tablet, the RAM mount stuff is expensive

spookyandroid

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sheffield, UK
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Dee
I'll take a picture of the new set up when I've done some mods to it, got some new parts coming for it this week.
Just been looking at mounting systems for the dash to hold this tablet, the RAM mount stuff is expensive
I have a quad lock for my phone case and a custom 3d printed gizmo where ashtray used to be for defender. Im sure there are some cool quadlocks avail for your motor.

Reactions: Yorkshire Viking

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey buddy, shoguns are great motors, very underrated IMO. What you got planned for it?

I'm rocking a def 90 with some unique bits and bobs done, got a badlander roof tent too but its not always fitted.

What else you done to yours?
Nice to see another Def 90 being used. We were continually told our 90 was too small for overlanding but we went ahead anyway.
Its had a few incarnations since the start but still going strong exactly as we had it for Mongolia except now a 270 Awning for Scotland's weather.

Attachments

spookyandroid

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sheffield, UK
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Dee
Nice to see another Def 90 being used. We were continually told our 90 was too small for overlanding but we went ahead anyway.
Its had a few incarnations since the start but still going strong exactly as we had it for Mongolia except now a 270 Awning for Scotland's weather.
What a cracking setup you have. Love it. Well thought out too. V nice!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Landy-Lee83

Rank IV

Explorer I

Derby, City Of Derby, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Mellors
Member #

Good morning Danny, Hope you are well?

We are just off J25 M1 so not far from you at all.

Me and the Miss have been going out on big and small adventures in our Landy for around 5 years now so any thoughts you have just shut up.

We go greenlining a fair amount and love to camp out so keep in touch. oh i am on the Wattsapp group if you want my number

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

If you looking for a bit of a toe dip in some of the stuff parts of the group do..

We have a RP next weekend (first bank holiday of may).

There are a couple of options on it.

If you meet at the start on the Sat 10am Mid Wales there is a about 100km of road and trails to get to camp near Snowdon. Or meet in the eve at the Camp near Snowdon and just join in on the social side. Sunday will be an opportunity to do some more local trails n stuff in the Snowdon area.

All u have to bring is a tent and Sausages .

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
If you looking for a bit of a toe dip in some of the stuff parts of the group do..

If you meet at the start on the Sat 10am Mid Wales there is a about 100km of road and trails to get to camp near Snowdon. Or meet in the eve at the Camp near Snowdon and just join in on the social side. Sunday will be an opportunity to do some more local trails n stuff in the Snowdon area.

@OverlandFaction , I thought about this again, till I realised I'm on blinking call out for work(electrical maintenance ), got my dates wrong thought I was on the week later, how often do you run them?

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

@OverlandFaction , I thought about this again, till I realised I'm on blinking call out for work(electrical maintenance ), got my dates wrong thought I was on the week later, how often do you run them?
Every couple of months.. next outing is likely to be North York Moors ( hopefully)