Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

A topic that was quite fun to follow on other forums I was active on.

What or who did you spot today? With the community growing I take it you sometimes bump into somebody from OB. Or just happen to come across a rig or truck that is quite rare.

To kick it off, I saw both a 4runner and a FJcruiser today. Sure they aren’t rare in the US but in the Netherlands Toyota NL never imported or sold them so they where probably imported by somebody privately so quite a rare sight.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

There is quite a long thread (13 pages) in the Overland Bound Members' forum about members spotting/meeting other members. Not sure you'll find many to bump into in the Netherlands, though.

When the forum was young, and the membership was spread out, I thought it would be rare to bump into another OB Member. But just this past October, I was arriving at a pull-out in Grand Tetons National Park as another member was leaving. I flagged him down and we had a nice chat and photo together.

Reactions: JKGreg

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
There is quite a long thread (13 pages) in the Overland Bound Members' forum about members spotting/meeting other members. Not sure you'll find many to bump into in the Netherlands, though.

When the forum was young, and the membership was spread out, I thought it would be rare to bump into another OB Member. But just this past October, I was arriving at a pull-out in Grand Tetons National Park as another member was leaving. I flagged him down and we had a nice chat and photo together.
Not to hijack the thread.........the spotted thread is buried in the Boot Camp Article Category for some reason. I'll look into this in order to make it more accessible.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Mad Garden Gnome I think it was in the Members area, because it was for face to face meetings between badge-holding members. I thought it was in Members General Discussion when I looked earlier.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I found it in the backwaters of the BootCamp Articles , with a re direct from Members Discussion.