Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Torrez
Member #

Purchased the small bottles of each and store them in a small plastic container with locking lid. We have salt, pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper, steak seasoning and poultry seasoning. Mainly the few seasonings we like to cook with. Usually don’t get fancy while overlanding.

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

My seasoning kit looks pretty similar to what Don Meredith is running. Vanilla, Olive oil and red wine vinegar in small Nalgene bottles from REI, then chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, sugar, dried asiago cheese and oregano in in similar sized plastic jars / bottles. If a special meal is planned , I sometimes add to the list, but these are the staples. All that get stored in a small cloth bag, with the liquids being placed in a zip lock first.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

I used a regular Tupperware container for a while until I started to notice that the overpowering scent of the spices started to taint the rest of the contents in my camp kitchen box. I don't know about you, but stirring my coffee with a spoon that smells like lemon pepper and paprika didn't taste too good. Haha!! Luckily I found something new and a MUCH BETTER option than an unsealed Tupperware container at my local Wal-Mart. I believe the new sealed container you see in my pics cost about $10. Haven't had a tainting problem since.

As far as seasonings, I don't get too crazy with it. What you see is my usual carry when camping. Pretty much have all my basics covered for beef, chicken, fish, and veggies. Bolner's Fiesta brand of spices are my "go-to." Especially since it's a Texas company, GO TEXAN!!

Spice 2.jpg Spice 1.jpg