Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Looks great sir! Love the sleek look of the bumper the big ol bumpers are nice but like the covert style much more! Keeps looking sharper every time we see it

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Looks great sir! Love the sleek look of the bumper the big ol bumpers are nice but like the covert style much more! Keeps looking sharper every time we see it
Appreciate it! I’m very happy with it so far. Made my appointment for November and, assuming everything arrives on time, will be adding the SSO rear bumper and tire carrier, and maybe one or two other mods. Appreciate you following the build!

N8rhino

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield
First Name
Courtland
Last Name
Keith, D.C.
Member #

It just keeps getting better! Still waiting on my 2020... One of these days I'll get mine off of the ground?

N8rhino

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield
First Name
Courtland
Last Name
Keith, D.C.
Member #

Congratulations! So...how soon will you be voiding your warranty? Lol.
Well... ;-) Getting the windows tinted as we speak. Have a Magnaflow scheduled for next week. Probably intake around the same time? Wheels and tires are ordered and planning on an Icon stage 7 in the next 2 weeks. So kinda wiping out that warranty rather quickly?

Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Today I did the best thing I could have done for my rig - I bought a daily driver. To preserve and protect the investment of the 4Runner and all of its modifications, I purchased a small used car that gets great gas mileage to mitigate unnecessary mileage and wear and tear on my rig. Of all the investments into my build, this is the only one that will pay for itself over time, and even save me money in the long run. While my new daily driver isn’t the sexiest thing on the road, I look forward to driving it with a smile on my face knowing I have Specter back home in the garage.
While I am more comfortable in my truck and enjoy driving it more my 2008 Scion gets most of the daily duties. When I was commuting 1 1/2 hours each way the truck would only go in bad weather

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Well... ;-) Getting the windows tinted as we speak. Have a Magnaflow scheduled for next week. Probably intake around the same time? Wheels and tires are ordered and planning on an Icon stage 7 in the next 2 weeks. So kinda wiping out that warranty rather quickly?
A lift and armor shouldn't effect warranty

Reactions: N8rhino

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

That’s awesome.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

While I am more comfortable in my truck and enjoy driving it more my 2008 Scion gets most of the daily duties. When I was commuting 1 1/2 hours each way the truck would only go in bad weather
I’m killing the Hyundai with miles. I love having Specter in the garage and ready.

Reactions: Casper66

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

My rear bumper is finally on! Southern Style Off-road did a great job with this bumper. It seems to be an extremely well thought out design and I love the unique look of it. While I don’t plan to wheel with the ladder on whenever I’m on tight trails, it’s easy removal and surprisingly light weight makes carrying it in the rig with me a no brainer if needed. If not, the bumper has steps built into it.

Next mod is the installation of my Budbuilt Aluminum Armor and the installation of my Gobi Ranger rack - both ordered and coming soon. Given the anticipated delivery dates and the holidays, I’m guessing install will happen in early January. Then it’s lights!

Here is Specter with its new SSO bumper, tire carrier, ladder and Hi-lift mount.

Attachments

N8rhino

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield
First Name
Courtland
Last Name
Keith, D.C.
Member #

My rear bumper is finally on! Southern Style Off-road did a great job with this bumper. It seems to be an extremely well thought out design and I love the unique look of it. While I don’t plan to wheel with the ladder on whenever I’m on tight trails, it’s easy removal and surprisingly light weight makes carrying it in the rig with me a no brainer if needed. If not, the bumper has steps built into it.

Next mod is the installation of my Budbuilt Aluminum Armor and the installation of my Gobi Ranger rack - both ordered and coming soon. Given the anticipated delivery dates and the holidays, I’m guessing install will happen in early January. Then it’s lights!

Here is Specter with its new SSO bumper, tire carrier, ladder and Hi-lift mount.
Your rig is really coming along! I've been eyeing that rear bumper for a bit now and interested in pulling the trigger. I've also made some progress with mine as well. Got my suspension, wheels, and windows completed. I think I'll got to new high, low, and fog bulbs next? Then go intake, cat back exhaust, and peddle commander? Great job on making such a great looking 4Runner!

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Your rig is really coming along! I've been eyeing that rear bumper for a bit now and interested in pulling the trigger. I've also made some progress with mine as well. Got my suspension, wheels, and windows completed. I think I'll got to new high, low, and fog bulbs next? Then go intake, cat back exhaust, and peddle commander? Great job on making such a great looking 4Runner!
Thank you for the kind words. It’s been a ton of fun doing the project. If you want feedback or have questions about the bumper, just give me a call. I’ll PM you my number.

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Wow, sharp build you got going here. Just had a ToyTec lift installed on my 2020 today, now trying to decide which wheels and tires lol.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Wow, sharp build you got going here. Just had a ToyTec lift installed on my 2020 today, now trying to decide which wheels and tires lol.
Take your time - there are a ton of choices out there!

N8rhino

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield
First Name
Courtland
Last Name
Keith, D.C.
Member #

Thank you for the kind words. It’s been a ton of fun doing the project. If you want feedback or have questions about the bumper, just give me a call. I’ll PM you my number.
Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

Here’s a couple pics from last weekends adventures in the eastern Sierras and the White mtns. Have a great weekend!

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Nice rig! What front license plate holder are you using. Flatlink Expert isn’t allowing my VA license plate to fold down over it