Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps

Join us for 12 days, meeting in Moab, UT, we will spend 5 days traveling familiar and new trails throughout the region before traversing the Rimrocker Trail into Colorado where we will spend another 5 days in the San Juan Mountains and Flat Tops Wilderness. Trip includes trail maps/GPS tracks, event shirt/swag, all access & camp fees, 12 days of guided trails, nightly happy hours at camp and a private party at a local brewery our last night together.

https://campdads.com/events/rocklander-2023

CampDads

Rank VII

Steward I

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Dates? Base camping and then hitting trails or overlanding?
We have three distinct entry/exit points (ex: some folks are only running Moab then heading home, others are joining in Colorado for the second week)

09/18-09/22 Moab, UT
09/22-09/25 Rimrocker (UT-CO)
09/25-09/29 Ouray, CO

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
That'll be a great trip.

Do you know yet which trails you plan to run at each end?

CampDads

Rank VII

Steward I

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
That'll be a great trip.

Have Colorado all planned, still working on the Moab area. Should have entire route (and alternates) ready by end of the week and updated on here and our site. Not giving away all trail details, but will be giving the GPX to all participants in advance.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
That'll be a great trip.

Have Colorado all planned, still working on the Moab area. Should have entire route (and alternates) ready by end of the week and updated on here and our site. Not giving away all trail details, but will be giving the GPX to all participants in advance.
Have you run these trails before? If not, I suspect I've probably run the majority of what you have planned. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Reactions: CampDads

CampDads

Rank VII

Steward I

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Have you run these trails before? If not, I suspect I've probably run the majority of what you have planned. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
Will keep that in mind, will be running some new trails in the Flat Tops, but all others I've ran multiple times and guided previous trips on ;)

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I am very interested as well. I also live on the western slope of Colorado, so could have some trail insight as well.

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Man I was planning on Moab in September for a Red Rock Crawler event. However, you have me rethinking my plans. May have to figure out which event to attend.

Jim_f8cc58

Rank II

Contributor II

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Massaro
Member #

I'm heading out to UT Sept 16-23rd. Curious about terrain. I drive a Storyteller Overlander Stealth. I see the terrain is rated a 3 with rock crawling. Would van be appropriate? I'm eager to explore but still new and inexperienced.

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
Did one of the rigs get left at Moab Campark?

Long story, I had the week off for this but due to a few different reasons I just ended up going to Moab the week after you were there. I noticed a Sequoia on 35s or 37s that looked to be parked there

CampDads

Rank VII

Steward I

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Did one of the rigs get left at Moab Campark?

Long story, I had the week off for this but due to a few different reasons I just ended up going to Moab the week after you were there. I noticed a Sequoia on 35s or 37s that looked to be parked there
Yep, I loaned my Sequoia to a rookie, the front diff broke 3/4 on Hells Revenge on day 4, then while trying to continue while being tugged, he left it in 4lo and kept on the skinny pedal, breaking the tcase and possibly rear ring gear.

So yeah, it’s in Moab, I’ll be heading back out there to repair and drive home soon.

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
Yep, I loaned my Sequoia to a rookie, the front diff broke 3/4 on Hells Revenge on day 4, then while trying to continue while being tugged, he left it in 4lo and kept on the skinny pedal, breaking the tcase and possibly rear ring gear.

So yeah, it’s in Moab, I’ll be heading back out there to repair and drive home soon.
Ah bummer

Well, if it makes you feel any better this happened to my buddy's 4th Gen on Top of the World

IMG_2188.jpegIMG_2192.jpegIMG_7839.jpg