Cancelled Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley - Monthly Conference Call (2nd Sunday @8:30PM MST)

• HTML tutorial

Pek2001

Rank 0

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Kendall
HI All - NEw to Overland Bound, wanting to get plugged in with locals here in TV. Let me know when the next call is? I am assuming we are still calling in given the current COVID events.

Thanks,
Phil

Reactions: David H

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
HI All - NEw to Overland Bound, wanting to get plugged in with locals here in TV. Let me know when the next call is? I am assuming we are still calling in given the current COVID events.

Thanks,
Phil
Next call is April 12 at 7:30 MT Time. We will be having calls a lot more frequently... every Sunday starting on April 5th.
@Sandpoint Steve started the conference calls about 16 months ago with the Inland Northwest Conference Call. Then @David H just started this one up in February.
@Gabriel Bozeman is starting his first call on April 5th. Contact Gabe for more information, I will also be compiling a list of Conference Calls during the COVID event as we can’t hold our normal meetups.

Reactions: J&V_Bird

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey everyone,

As Mike said above, we are trying to make available these online/phone meetings weekly in the Northwest Region. Our Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley Monthly Conference call has been moved to the second Sunday evening of the month at 7:30 PM MST.

I'll send out an invite to you all 1 week before the call, and I'll post reminders in this forum a day or so before just as a last minute reminder...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey everyone,

The primary topic for the upcoming April 12th Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley monthly conference call is:
  • Comms: What types of communications you have in your rig, and what experience you have had with them.
  • Gathering at a local Sonic Drive-In for a Pandemic social distancing (stay in rigs - talk via comms) meet-n-greet to brighten our day and get us out of this Lock-down rut...

Reactions: M Rose

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

An idea for a conference call is on navigation. I have Gaia but have not figured it out for sure. So if someone has more experience with it it would be a help for me and the rest of us for sure.

I will be looking forward to the call on the 12th.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.

Thanks,
Phil
Hey Philip, welcome to the Southern Idaho Overland Bound community. Every 2nd Sunday night I hold an online conference call for us to gather given the current social distancing needs.

The primary topic for the upcoming April 12th Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley monthly conference call is:
  • Comms: What types of communications you have in your rig, and what experience you have had with them.
  • Gathering at a local Sonic Drive-In for a Pandemic social distancing (stay in rigs - talk via comms) meet-n-greet to brighten our day and get us out of this Lock-down rut...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
An idea for a conference call is on navigation. I have Gaia but have not figured it out for sure. So if someone has more experience with it it would be a help for me and the rest of us for sure.

I will be looking forward to the call on the 12th.
I think the 3rd Sunday call is going to cover trip planning and navigation

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

For some reason I think there is a call scheduled for tonight but cant find where it is. Can you please set me straight. Thank you

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Is this still happening on Sundays?
I currently have to work Sunday evenings so it is postponed for a couple months. I will post an update tomorrow. I should be able to start back up in February or March.