Cancelled Southern Idaho / Treasure Valley - Monthly Conference Call (2nd Sunday @8:30PM MST)

• HTML tutorial

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I want to thank everyone who made it to this meeting. We had 7 members in attendance. We had some great discussion and hope to meet everyone in person soon.

Take away:
We have some people with a large amount of trail knowledge, and others seeking that knowledge/experience. I think the best way to help spread the love, is for everyone who is planning a trip to make a Rally Point for it. I think this will increase everyone's opportunities to get out and explore this great country we have - whether it's in out own back yard - or down the block...

Key Words: RALLY POINTS...

I am schedule this meeting to repeat next month (March) same Rally Time, same Rally Channel... :-)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I want to thank everyone who made it to this meeting. We had 7 members in attendance. We had some great discussion and hope to meet everyone in person soon.

Take away:
We have some people with a large amount of trail knowledge, and others seeking that knowledge/experience. I think the best way to help spread the love, is for everyone who is planning a trip to make a Rally Point for it. I think this will increase everyone's opportunities to get out and explore this great country we have - whether it's in out own back yard - or down the block...

Key Words: RALLY POINTS...

I am schedule this meeting to repeat next month (March) same Rally Time, same Rally Channel... :-)
This was a great conversation, thank you to all who participated. I really enjoy these calls because I am too far away to participate in local events on a regular basis. I do however want to make it to a Beer and Gears event. Next month maybe it will fit into my agenda better. If not, I will make it to the picnic.
Again thank you @ButDad for hosting the call. @reaver Thank you for participating even though you hate phone calls. To all others not mentioned, it was great talking to you, and look forward to next month.

Reactions: reaver

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
1582648777092.png

Hey everyone, I just got some exciting news. An Overland Bound Member Representative has gotten a hold of me and wants to share some exciting information during the March 15th phone call. I don't know what it is, but they said it’s pretty big.

Reactions: M Rose

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
FYI to everyone,
A member representative has gotten a hold of me and wants to share some information during the phone call. All that I know is they said it’s pretty big.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Just a friendly reminder, The Call is this Sunday at 7:30 Mountain Time. The main topic of discussion is Next Month’s Meetup location and future reoccurring meetups for the upcoming season.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Tonight's meeting will cover:
  • Next Sundays Gears-N-Beers meet-n-greet at Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park near Eagle Road and Fairview Ave. We need to discuss what to do if the weather is too bad (rain, too windy, etc...).
  • Everyone come up with one weekend (or longer) adventure they'd like to do (host or attend) this year.
  • News from our Northwest Regional Director.
  • Open Discussion

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Here's the agenda for tonight's conf call...

• Next Sundays Gears-N-Beers meet-n-greet at Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park near Eagle Road and Fairview Ave. We need to discuss what to do if the weather is too bad (rain, too windy, etc...).
• Everyone come up with one weekend (or longer) adventure they'd like to do (host or attend) this year.
• News from our Northwest Regional Director.
• Open Discussion

Reactions: J&V_Bird and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
What did I miss? I'm new here! Looking for some people to adventure/explore with!
Welcome Mike. As you probably noticed, I am the Regional Director. @Sandpoint Steve is the Inland Northwest Member Representative and @David H is the Treasure Valley Member Advisor.
As for tonight’s meeting...you missed a lot... biggest news is the change of venue for Beers and Gears next week. Instead of a pub like normal we are going to the park. Contact @David H for more information.
I am sending you a DM with other information.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
just stumbeled across this and courious if we could call from Twin Falls?
Hey James,

I just wanted to thank you for attending not only the Treasure Valley Conf call, but also for tuning into the Inland N/W Conf call. I'm looking forward to adventuring with you and your wife...

Take care and God Bless...

Reactions: J&V_Bird and M Rose

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey everyone,

@M Rose pointed out that the next Treasure Valley Conference Call will be on Easter Sunday evening. Will this be a hindrance to anyone? If enough of you would not be able to attend because of Easter, but would attend the following Sunday, then I'll move it.

Please post your thoughts here or PM me @David H.