Southern Arizona Overland Bound Rigs and Coffee Meetup - 10/20/2018

• HTML tutorial

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Planning to be there, just want to give everyone a heads up that this is a paid parking lot. You pay by the hour at a kiosk. Doesn't bother me just didn't want anyone to be surprised

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Planning to be there, just want to give everyone a heads up that this is a paid parking lot. You pay by the hour at a kiosk. Doesn't bother me just didn't want anyone to be surprised
NOTE: This meetup is taking place at A Mountain (Sentinel Peak) in TUCSON, there is no paid parking. Do not confuse this location with A Mountain in Tempe. Check the Rally Point to see coordinates and map

OVERL8ND

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson AZ
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Piccolo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJX
Thanks for setting this up Brian. We defiantly need to get the Tucson overland group together more often. Would be really nice to get more overland adventures planned with locals right here in Tucson. Look forward to meeting everyone!!

DharmaInitiativePhoenix

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Szopinski
Member #

Looking forward to our first meet up with the group. We may join the caravan from Phoenix meeting up at I-10 and Ray, but not quite sure yet.

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm reposting this here in case there are attendees who are not also reading the Arizona Overlander's thread. There is a convoy from the Phoenix area being organized by @AZBubs:

OK. Valley residents wanting to caravan: 0630-0700 @ REI Lot off of I-10 & Ray. On the Road @ 0700 (ish). Oct 20th

Reactions: AZBubs

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
I'm reposting this here in case there are attendees who are not also reading the Arizona Overlander's thread. There is a convoy from the Phoenix area being organized by @AZBubs:

OK. Valley residents wanting to caravan: 0630-0700 @ REI Lot off of I-10 & Ray. On the Road @ 0700 (ish). Oct 20th
So who all is still a go for meeting at REI?

MEFOBIA-JEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson AZ
Member #

Looking forward to my first meet up. Hope to also get more trips set up. Would love to do a trip from Tucson to the Gila Forest in NM

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hope to also get more trips set up. Would love to do a trip from Tucson to the Gila Forest in NM
YES! This first meetup is just a parking lot "meet and greet" so we can all get to know each other. Going forward the plan is to plan these as actual adventures. Lets talk about Gila NF at the meetup, we may be able to coordinate an outing with some of our NM folks as well

Reactions: ForestRoadSurfer

fshnfvr

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tucson
I’m going to try and make this at least for a little bit. Probably won’t be able to stay more than 30 minutes to an hour but I should make it.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Thank you everybody who came out for the extremely windy meetup yesterday! It was great to meet so many new faces! In the excitement of talking to all of you, I completely forgot to take any photos!

Reactions: Datilite and AZBubs

kbryan1022

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Kendall
Last Name
Bryan
Member #

I was so glad to do the meet and greet on top of A-mountain in Tucson. You all made my wife and I welcomed. Thank you all and thank you Brian. So, what ever came up about the trip to Gila Forest, NM? Keep us informed. You all have great rigs. I will get our blue FJ up to par.