Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Lets get together and talk about rigs and adventures over some coffee and light brunch. You bring your rigs and your families and I will additionally bring coffee, pastries and possibly some other goodies. Come hang out!

This will be a joint meetup with the Arizona Overlanders.

When: October 20th, 2018 from 9:00am to Noon-ish
Where: Sentinel Peak Park, A.K.A. "A Mountain", specifically the big parking lot on the saddle of Sentinel Peak.
What: Casual meet and greet with other adventurers.

As there is no shade or seating in the parking lot, you may consider bringing chairs and sunscreen. We will have both of our 270 degree awnings extended as well to offer communal shade, and any other shade-equipped rigs are encouraged to do the same if possible.

A note If you have not been to A Mountain yet: To get to the parking lot, you head up Sentinel Peak Rd which will lead you up the hill, it becomes a one way road that wraps around the hill, past the bottom of the "A" and the great view of Tucson. After you drive past the "A", keep following along the one way road until you see the turnoff on the left for the main parking area.

View Rally Point

Arizona Jim

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Arizona
Member #

I have an all employee meeting that morning so I'm out. Too bad. I would love to get together with the Tucson group.

Phessor

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
I have military training in Tucson, so I am going to say maybe and see if I can make it.

Reactions: brien

Justin D.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waddell, AZ
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thank you for the invitation! Sadly I have a nursing school clinical that day up here in Phoenix so I won't be able to make it. Thanks again though!

Radiola

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Huachuca City, AZ
Member #

I wish I could make it but my job has me away all the time ( long hual truck driver ) so I get to live the real overland life style every day going coast to coast...... ;)

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Null Island! GPS Coordinates. :) Not sure what is going on in October but I will try to make it.

Thanks for setting this up.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Thanks for the invite! Wish I could make it, but I leave that morning on my wheeling/camping trip to Utah that morning.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
For those that aren't able to make it, there will be more events like this in the future. I'm going to try start holding them regularly once every month or so

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Null Island! GPS Coordinates. :) Not sure what is going on in October but I will try to make it.

Thanks for setting this up.
Oops! no need to bring a boat, I've fixed the coordinates. Not sure what happened with my original waypoint marker

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
We would love to come but have a conflict. Maybe next time.

Trailjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

As of now nothing else planned, so looks like I may be able to go... And get my wife to go on a date with me, lol :)

Callyer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Collier
Man, this sounds fun! I have a meeting scheduled at the same time, but make sure you invite me to the next one!

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the invite! T-minus 8 months til I'm back stateside and I can start meeting everyone

ladybirdpb

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

prescott AZ
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Burr
Member #

thank you for the invite! i will be up at a wedding at Lee's Ferry! Please keep me in the loop for future meet ups/fun trails! I am in Prescott, but would love to meet more people and could potentially make it to Tucson. Thanks again!

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brien, thanks for putting this together. Pencil my wife and I in, I'm not sure her work schedule yet. I wouldn't mind thaking a day off from working on the teardrop.

We re not coffee drinker so no need to count us for that. I have been known to eat a pastry or two.:grinning:

Todd