Southeast Texas here

• HTML tutorial

Crutledge

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Jasper, Texas
Member #

Hey guys not only am I new to OB but I'm relatively new to overlanding as a whole. I have always loved traveling and with owning an automotive aftermarket/repair shop I obviously have a passions for automobiles. Overlanding just couldn't be more of a no brainer in my opinion for me. I hope to become part of the community here and maybe even if I don't know much about overlanding I can add some expertise on the automotive end of the spectrum.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I'm down your way pretty often. At least around Houston/Galveston area. I'll try to look you up next time. Good looking ford. I just traded my 7.3 with 350,000 mikes for a new-ish rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Crutledge

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Jasper, Texas
Member #

Thanks I like it. Lol that rubicon prolly a little more capable for overlanding. Haha

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Thanks I like it. Lol that rubicon prolly a little more capable for overlanding. Haha

Depends on where you want to go, and how you want to get there lol. I pulled a 36 foot fifth wheel all over the place, and without the trailer it was capable of getting to a lot of places. Capable of not getting to a lot of places too I found out.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys not only am I new to OB but I'm relatively new to overlanding as a whole. I have always loved traveling and with owning an automotive aftermarket/repair shop I obviously have a passions for automobiles. Overlanding just couldn't be more of a no brainer in my opinion for me. I hope to become part of the community here and maybe even if I don't know much about overlanding I can add some expertise on the automotive end of the spectrum.
Hello, Crutledge and welcome to OB! Outfit and Explore! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Crutledge

TruckNorris

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
San Antonio saying hello! I was originally looking at Rock Crawling but instead of destroying my rig I'd rather plan for natural disasters and recovery. Seems more practical to go overland!

Reactions: Crutledge

Crutledge

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Jasper, Texas
Member #

San Antonio saying hello! I was originally looking at Rock Crawling but instead of destroying my rig I'd rather plan for natural disasters and recovery. Seems more practical to go overland!
That's for sure. On top of overlanding having two of my favorite things as a factor (vehicles and the outdoors) but like you say it has the added bonus of being prepared at any moment for anything.

Reactions: TruckNorris