SOLVED: Member stranded in Lithuania, Europe needs some help to get home to Belgium

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We need some help from the community for our member Yjan @Lupus_ravus . He is stranded in Lithuania with his G-Wagon with a busted engine.

Currently it looks like the rig can be transported to his home in Belgium. But Yjan and his dog Moon have to go home. Insurance will only give him a rental car within Lithuania.

So, my idea is a kind of caravan through Europe for Yjan. Meaning several people giving him a ride for a leg of the whole journey from Lithuania over Poland, Germany and to Belgium. An ideal route would probably be from Lithuania via Warsaw, Berlin, Hannover, Ruhr area to Belgium or so. Who is located on the way or maybe somebody is on the route anyway? If a route more south is followed, I'm happy to take over a part in Germany.

Do you think we can do that? Or too complicated? Also other ideas are welcome of course. Let's see what we can do as a community.

Last edited:

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

@Wranglervirus Cool. When would you drive?
It depends on desition but we could start even today but best ways would be tomorrow morning i think :)

P.S. jus remembered i have oil change appointment Wednesday morning so it be best do it after it

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So if we could organize this leg through Poland to the Rhine-Main area in Germany, I would be happy to take Yjan and Moon from here to the border in Belgium, I guess we have several members there who could pick them up in the border region maybe around Liège or so. This week I would have time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to do this. So if we can get the missing piece organized quickly we could get going.

Reactions: Lupus_ravus

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

So if we could organize this leg through Poland to the Rhine-Main area in Germany, I would be happy to take Yjan and Moon from here to the border in Belgium, I guess we have several members there who could pick them up in the border region maybe around Liège or so. This week I would have time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to do this. So if we can get the missing piece organized quickly we could get going.
I spoked with mechanics 1000km would not make a big deference so we could start Tuesday and be in Lodz i would say maybe someone in Poland could bring to Germany?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I spoked with mechanics 1000km would not make a big deference so we could start Tuesday and be in Lodz i would say maybe someone in Poland could bring to Germany?
Sounds very good. So when you start tomorrow morning in Kaunas, when will you be in Lodz then to arrange a pickup there?

Have messaged some members around Lodz, let´s see if somebody has an idea.

Reactions: Lupus_ravus

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I could pick him up somewhere in a 3,5 hours range from Gieße/Hessen in Germany and get him to Björn, we could also provide a place to stay here if necessary.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE August 22 10:30AM CEST
-Yjan @Lupus_ravus is on the road with @Wranglervirus to WARSAW/ POLAND
-curr. plan is to get on a nighttrain WARSAW/ POLAND - BERLIN/ GERMANY, ETA BERLIN Wednesday, 23th August morning
-further plan is to get on a nighttrain BERLIN/ GERMANY - FRANKFURT MAIN/ GERMANY, ETA FRANKFURT MAIN Thursday, 24th August morning
-in FRANKFURT I will pick up Yjan and Moon and we will drive to BELGIUM, ETA border Thursday, 24th August around noon
-in BELGIUM @GeoCampers #4771 will take over for the last leg of the journey

Awesome. I think we have a plan. Let´s do this. If anyone still can offer a lift for Yjan and Moon on the train legs this is very welcome!

Thanks at all who help! Awesome community!

Last edited:

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

We need some help from the community for our member Yjan @Lupus_ravus . He is stranded in Lithuania with his G-Wagon with a busted engine.

Currently it looks like the rig can be transported to his home in Belgium. But Yjan and his dog Moon have to go home. Insurance will only give him a rental car within Lithuania.

So, my idea is a kind of caravan through Europe for Yjan. Meaning several people giving him a ride for a leg of the whole journey from Lithuania over Poland, Germany and to Belgium. An ideal route would probably be from Lithuania via Warsaw, Berlin, Hannover, Ruhr area to Belgium or so. Who is located on the way or maybe somebody is on the route anyway? If a route more south is followed, I'm happy to take over a part in Germany.

Do you think we can do that? Or too complicated? Also other ideas are welcome of course. Let's see what we can do as a community.
So far so good

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE August 23 10:30AM CEST
-Yjan and Moon just arrived in BERLIN/ GERMANY
-now checking on the next leg to FRANKFURT MAIN/ GERMANY, possibly train but if somebody has a lift to offer this is more than welcome. EDIT: Done, the two take the train to Frankfurt, where I'll pick them up in the evening.

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE August 24 11:30AM CEST
-
Picked Yjan and Moon up yesterday evening at Frankfurt train station, we have been around 1:30AM in Belgium and around 5AM I was safely home again
-in Belgium Toon took over, the two could stay overnight at his place and now they are on the last stretch home

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It´s done. What was a quick idea not quite three days ago has evolved into a perfect plan. Thanks to the help of many members, we were able to bring Yjan and Moon home safely after nearly 2,000km across Europe.

This shows once again what a great community we are here at Overland Bound and what people can achieve when they work together as a team. Awesome. Thanks to all who helped to make this happen.

Keep fingers crossed that the rig arrives quickly and safely with the collective transport in Belgium and that everything works out with the engine overhaul this time.

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

It´s done. What was a quick idea not quite three days ago has evolved into a perfect plan. Thanks to the help of many members, we were able to bring Yjan and Moon home safely after nearly 2,000km across Europe.

This shows once again what a great community we are here at Overland Bound and what people can achieve when they work together as a team. Awesome. Thanks to all who helped to make this happen.

Keep fingers crossed that the rig arrives quickly and safely with the collective transport in Belgium and that everything works out with the engine overhaul this time.
Hi to all of you that was involved… involved like in greater meaning as well…
Thank you very much..!!..
We spent the night for a short sleep ,Toon and his family provided us for a short night.. @El-Dracho had candy for Moon ..
Thomas help me in Kaunas.. never know how it would have been without him speaking the language and driving me to Warschau…
We’re at home thanks too all of you ..

Attachments