Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
So after the meet-up many expressed wanting to do a trip out to the desert. One thing I have been really wanting to see is the Desert X art installations.
https://www.desertx.org/

The more I researched, the more I see many of them are not really "Off Road" most are drive up and easily accessible. Still cool to see if you haven't seen them. It's a series of works by artists that ends April 30th.

See pictures here: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2017/feb/28/desert-x-art-installations-palm-springs-pictures

The standing mirrors, hollowed earth, and mirrored cabin are top on my list. Just throwing it out there.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
When and where?

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban
Info updated on the original post.

Next Meet-up - June 11th, 2017 @ 11 am
Right side of Tustin REI Parking Lot in front of the Ethan Allen (Google Maps Link)

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
Can I come in my Honda Odyssey? The only trails I can currently do are the paved ones, like the 5 fwy lol.
This will change next year when the lease ends..
Of course, all are welcome. It's not what you drive, it's that you got out there.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I missed the First Meeting. But I would like to Organize a Trip To Anza Borrego on June 9, 10, or 10, 11 or 9, 10 and 11 :)
Let's Explore !
This next meetup is June 11th so you would be overlapping that.

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

I missed the First Meeting. But I would like to Organize a Trip To Anza Borrego on June 9, 10, or 10, 11 or 9, 10 and 11 :)
Let's Explore !
I've been wanting to head out there. Definitely post your next trip out that way. I usually have days of during the week. Also, are you planning on doing the Mojave trail again this summer? I love the desert heat!