Socal Meet up in Orange County?

• HTML tutorial

Willy The Grunt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Dimas California
Member #

I've been wanting to head out there. Definitely post your next trip out that way. I usually have days of during the week. Also, are you planning on doing the Mojave trail again this summer? I love the desert heat!
I will Definetly Post all my trips... Some will be during the week, some weekends. Some times I just go on Trail Recons in order to effectively lead some expeditions.

Reactions: 9Mike2

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
With all the interest building, I have been thinking of moving the OC meet up to weekdays and monthly. Thoughts?

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Might not be bad to try but then it will draw more local OC people. Weekdays might be hard for LA and IE people to get to.
Very true. I am not changing anything until after the June meet-up. Maybe we switch to monthly after that on weekends.

Spolar

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seal Beach, CA
Member #

Checking in from Seal Beach. New to the site (came from Tundra forums) looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I'll probably make it June 11th at REI if that's still planned. Otherwise I'm up for monthly meet ups as well.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Checking in from Seal Beach. New to the site (came from Tundra forums) looking forward to meeting some of you guys. I'll probably make it June 11th at REI if that's still planned. Otherwise I'm up for monthly meet ups as well.
Welcome! REI next month is still on. Great to have another full size, numbers are growing. There is also a simi valley meet-up next weekend. and if I remember correctly there is a group doing a Toyota Museum next month as well:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/so-cal-june-meetup-toyota-museum-in-south-bay-l-a.6887/

Plenty to do!

Last edited:

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I'm tentatively planning going...

Early summer + five kids = I don't know for sure.

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 70 K20 Suburban

Reactions: 9Mike2

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I'm tentatively planning going...

Early summer + five kids = I don't know for sure.

Totally understandable! We will be increasing the frequency of these meetups since the interest is growing quickly. So you will have plenty of opportunity :)

XL.Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phelan CA
First Name
Jarrod
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Wish I could make it next month. Unfortunately I planned our Cub Scout Family Camp that weekend. I'm definitely down for monthly meet ups though, if they fall on the weekend. I'll be coming from the High Desert, so location might affect my decision to come also.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Wish I could make it next month. Unfortunately I planned our Cub Scout Family Camp that weekend. I'm definitely down for monthly meet ups though, if they fall on the weekend. I'll be coming from the High Desert, so location might affect my decision to come also.

Weekends are the plan as of now. Seems to work better for everyone. The location I may change on a quarterly basis, if there is demand for North vs South or East vs West. I will keep this thread up to date for sure. Have fun on your camping trip!

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

That's cool! I'm an assistant scout master in my ward... 3 of my 4 boys are in scouts the other isn't old enough yet. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at one of these upcoming events soon.