Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

So I don't see much chit chat about motorcycle Overlanding. @benchoochoo is rolling a street bob(one of my favorites) . Also the sv650 has made a comeback.
The idea of strapping on a back pack and a Lil bit of gear and hitting the road sounds awesome. I know the BMW is super popular.

So anyone rolling two wheels or any plans to?

Reactions: RideFlyDiveJeep

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I used to ride the bike literally everywhere, sometimes the wife tagged along and definitely earned her iron butt. Since we've had kids, the bike has found a nice resting place in the back of the garage other than a rally or two every year. We have trailbikes and such, but I've seriously put about 500 miles on my motorcycle in the last 5 years.

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
Over a 5 year period I put 120,000 miles on two bikes (combined) and loved every minute of it. Well, almost every minute of it. There's was that one time I rode when it was 16 degrees...

That was my KLR650, I ran a KLR250 before that. All the capability of a BMW with none of the maintenance costs. Sold both bikes and while I have an itch to get back on two wheels I've made the responsible adult realization that I would have little time to ride and a new bike would rot in the garage. Sucks being an adult...
I'm in the same boat. Had a KLR650 loved the bike, put over 85k on it, but traded it for a quad that is more wife friendly. I would like to get another, but adulthood tells me not to.

Reactions: RideFlyDiveJeep

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So I don't see much chit chat about motorcycle Overlanding. @benchoochoo is rolling a street bob(one of my favorites) . Also the sv650 has made a comeback.
The idea of strapping on a back pack and a Lil bit of gear and hitting the road sounds awesome. I know the BMW is super popular.

So anyone rolling two wheels or any plans to?
We have a new Article Series from @Shots from the Bar starting today with tips and stories from his overlanding experience through Africa. He is riding a Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycle - topical!

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I'm planning a trip to Florida (from so cal) in September if anyone would like to join. Riding my Harley out there.
I've done that ride are you going to just go south or make it interesting and take a trip through the Rockies then back down? Are you planning to go to Key West? Keep in mind if you do the ride out to the keys is very slow!