Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

I use to love snowshoeing when I lived in northern michigan. The village we lived in was within the Manistee national forest so you could just walk right out the door.
My back and hips are too bad to do it anymore, but the memories I have are incredible.

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

Don't have enough snow this year in Utah to snow shoe. Haven't been out once. The weather has been more in line with hiking and riding bikes.

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Don't have enough snow this year in Utah to snow shoe. Haven't been out once. The weather has been more in line with hiking and riding bikes.
Same here in north idaho . We are at 2800ft and have no snow left below 4000ft.

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Same in Oregon, went a couple times early in the season but the snow is just not piling up .
Can't say that any more :) We are getting dumped on in the cascades.

We went last weekend and going again this weekend. The snow was fantastic! We went to Gifford National Park (to get away from the crowds at Mt. Hood) and was it a great idea. We saw 3 other small groups the entire day we were there.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Can't say that any more :) We are getting dumped on in the cascades.

We went last weekend and going again this weekend. The snow was fantastic! We went to Gifford National Park (to get away from the crowds at Mt. Hood) and was it a great idea. We saw 3 other small groups the entire day we were there.

Very nice!!! planning on heading up somewhere this weekend , just not sure where yet

Reactions: A10MileHusker

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Ya we are heading to Gifford again on Sunday. Probably going to hit Worm Flows again. We're taking our snowboards this time and going to ride down.

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
I've only been once. That was out in Utah over a decade ago. I'd love to go snowshoeing again some day.... PS AMAZING photo!

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
We go around home and have gone out to the Black Hills, SD to do some snow showing and snowmobiling. But the last year or 2 we haven't received as much snow so we haven't had the chance to go locally.

Ricky-Bobbi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Arguello
Member #

I was able to get out and snowshoe quite a bit this winter. I think this was the coldest trip though. Hoosier pass, Colorado in February. -12 deg. My wife was not very excited. 8ECC6832-4404-46F9-97EC-BB24C777890B.jpeg42B323FA-D5E6-4F35-BD0A-FB756180AC5A.jpeg1146CA79-BE78-4CAA-ABD1-5AF5EFE305F3.jpeg

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

IMG_4932.JPGIMG_4923.JPG

Snowshoeing has gotten to be our favorite winter hobby over the last 3 years we’ve gone alot of places. Steamboat and rabbit ears pass is a fun weekend get away here in northern colorado..

Reactions: Chadlyb

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

With the snowshoeing season coming to an end we got dumped a pile of new wet snow in the high country. Hope to get some treking in this weekend.

What’s everyone’s favorite brand of shoes? I like tubs there are better options out there but I like them.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

This year was the first time I tried snowshoeing and it was quite by accident. In March, during spring break, my younger son and I headed over to Craters of the Moon (Idaho, where we live) thinking at least we could hike the main road. When we got there, the place had snow everywhere and the roads were not open. For $5, you can rent a pair of snowshoes at the visitor center, which we did, and off we went (we had a couple pairs of trekking poles in the Land Cruiser which is part of my regular loadout in the rig).

Here's a photo along the main road buried under about 5' of snow:

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Has anyone gone so far this winter? Been hella busy have gone and played in the snow once this winter. Hoping todo more this month

Stay warm

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

One of my favourite pictures... inspired by that first post but 40 years ago.
Sandra Nicholas Peak.jpeg

And another.. skiing in August.
Bow Hut 1984 ?.jpeg

Reactions: Alex Brame

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Went nordic skiing two days after Thanksgiving at Mt. Bachelor. They'll be getting another 30" of snow by the end of this weekend.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Has anyone gone so far this winter? Been hella busy have gone and played in the snow once this winter. Hoping todo more this month

Stay warm
I was in Loveland a couple of weeks ago, picking up my van. I had Colorado Campervan install the penthouse top. I got chased out of the area by the big storm that hit & spent the next 4 days trying to stay ahead of the worst of it. I almost got stuck in Silverton and again in Flagstaff. I know one thing for sure... The penthouse top doesn't leak.

I got home and a few days later drove to Mammoth for Thanksgiving where our main goal was to snowshoe for the first time. Unusual for Mammoth, the snow was so light & fluffy that even with snowshoes on each step created a posthole 3' deep! Needless to say it didn't take too long before we were worn out.

Looking forward to giving it a try in better conditions...

Reactions: Roam_CO85