RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
This is something I've wanted to do for a while now. I'm hoping I can find camp nearby suitable for a ground tent as my RTT is out of commission right now due to a busted roof rack. I think with a small heater I can survive the night OK in snowy weather.

Reactions: Kevinista

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
I updated some information about the event so please go back and reread it. This is also an excerpt from the updated info:

*This is a "soft roading" adventure at best with a combination of paved, gravel, dirt, and unmaintained roads! Nothing hardcore, black diamond, buggy type of drive!

***This event will be filmed for the YouTube channel called "Project Overland USA", and EVERYONE over the age of 18 will need to sign a model release form giving your approval to be filmed and on the video release. Since this event will be filmed it is very important that you understand and have patience for the fact that we will have to stop numerous times to set up cameras and then film potentially the same spot a few times to get the best "take". In fact half of the day could be devoted to filming locations, action, and vehicles. If you are not interested in or have the patience for stopping a lot or do not want to be filmed then it is advised that you do not attend this event.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Oh, So it will be north of Columbus... I'm interested.
I'll be there... Although I doubt there will be snow that early in the season...

Reactions: Kevinista

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
Oh, So it will be north of Columbus... I'm interested.
I'll be there... Although I doubt there will be snow that early in the season...
I doubt it too but remember last year we had a cold spell in Nov. and a day or two of snow if I remember right. Again this is just to gauge the interest and get people on a list because last time people said they didn't have enough notice.

Reactions: w_m_photo

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
I would like to ask EVERYONE here that is serious about coming on this ride, please get a handheld CB Radio of some sort so we can communicate. It's vital to have and I have a Ham License and Radio as well but I don't expect everyone here to have that. Everyone has more than enough time to get one. If you don't know what to look for, check out the Uniden Pro501.