Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I would like to ask EVERYONE here that is serious about coming on this ride, please get a handheld CB Radio of some sort so we can communicate. It's vital to have and I have a Ham License and Radio as well but I don't expect everyone here to have that. Everyone has more than enough time to get one. If you don't know what to look for, check out the Uniden Pro501.
I’m running only GMRS. Plan on getting HAM license in the coming months. Should I grab a CB as well for this trip or will GMRS suffice?

Reactions: Kevinista

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
This is something I\'ve wanted to do for a while now. I\'m hoping I can find camp nearby suitable for a ground tent as my RTT is out of commission right now due to a busted roof rack. I think with a small heater I can survive the night OK in snowy weather.
Going to have to back out of this one. Work has reared it's head and told me "no!".

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Going to have to back out of this one. Work has reared it's head and told me "no!".
Sorry to hear that. I understand the woes of work getting in the way. I have on-call weekends once a month so just got to hope it doesn't fall on that. This month may be dicey though as I got 3 weekends out of the next 6 :dizzy:

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
I’m running only GMRS. Plan on getting HAM license in the coming months. Should I grab a CB as well for this trip or will GMRS suffice?
Please get a CB, I do not have GMRS yet but since I'm the trail lead I need to keep in touch with everyone. Thanks

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
*UPDATE* The extended forecast for Nov. 7th 2020 call for a nice spring like day with 63 degrees, hence the date of the event has been moved to Jan. 3rd 2021 which should come as no surprise to anyone that has read the details of the event that state we need snow for this ride to happen. December might bring some snow but I've been informed that I'm working 6 days a week till the end of that month so that puts us in January. Hope everyone understands. It will give you much more time to get a radio and prep your trucks.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I'm interested.

Will a box stock F250 Fx4 on Mich Ltx AT's make it through ok?

I sold my lifted F250 with MT's. I've never had any trouble in Mohican in the winter, but have no idea where this is going. I know another local as well, that would be game with a F350 on 35" MT's.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I'd like to attend this. Is the max of 9 a thing and if so, are you full up?

deputydog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Holden
Member #

I've been following the thread and am interested, but Are you actually planning to run on a Sunday? I could make it for a Saturday, but not a Sunday.

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
As of right now December 13th it's going to be a long shot to get snow for that first weekend in January although not impossible. The air temperature right now is just keeping things a little bit too warm for there to be any significant snow accumulation on the ground.

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
Also one final reminder to ask Santa to bring you a CB radio for Christmas. I'm not trying to be mean but we have too many people wanting to go and everyone needs to have a CB radio whether installed or a handheld unit. If unfortunately you show up without a CB radio you won't be allowed to ride with us.

Kevinista

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Obetz, OH 43207, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
CRESS
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5GEC
I've been following the thread and am interested, but Are you actually planning to run on a Sunday? I could make it for a Saturday, but not a Sunday.
Date has been changed to Saturday since it's a 3 day weekend for me however only if we get snow!

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I’ll have to sit this one out. I’m installing a GMRS radio and have no plans to buy CB.

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Too bad we weren't going this weekend... I'm not sure we'll have anything on the ground next weekend...