Snow Peak Pack and Carry Fireplace Review

• HTML tutorial

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

Looks pretty cool, but I don't get why you'd want your fire up so high?

I use camp dutch ovens, and a folding grille that goes over the fire (on the ground).

Is there a law somewhere about having fires on the ground I don't know about?

It does look well made.

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

@Murphy Slaw You want this kind of fire pit for no trace camping. Its important to me to preserve the environment I am in and not destroy what mother nature has created over the years. This is the main reason for the height and some other safety reasons.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Interesting, I could see where you mention log placement as a issue. I'd be interested in the attachments. What does this cost?

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Portable fire place, now that is cool. Snow Peak makes some great camping gear. On my backpacking trips I use a Snow Peak Giga Power stove, Titanium mug, cooking pot and spork. Great equipment for the price.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I would expect that those burn really well, also. When you build a fire on the ground, it's sometimes hard to get (and keep) good air flow to the underside/embers of the fire. That causes a lot more smoke than if you can keep good airflow to the fire.

I've seen these around, and I've been curious as to where to find them and how much they cost.

This is going on my list for sure!

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

@jdunk They burn great! You can use the coals to cook on as well if you have the proper attachments. Some people put charcoal in them as well. they have holes throughout the pit that allow airflow. It was so easy to start a fire in it. there are three sizes I would recommend the large size..good luck finding one they have been sold out everywhere!

gsdog2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello, new to the forum..... I'll chime in on this fire pit. Used mine for the first time last weekend while on the Bradshaw Trail. Absolutely love it. The heat is radiated out very well, just like using a wash tub. Easy to light. Used minimal wood to keep a nice fire. I split the wood into smaller pieces which made it last longer. I have the large size and bought the heavy duty bag to carry it in. I purchased mine from CampSavers.com; they had it on sale for $30 off, that was back around Christmas though. Most of my travels are around Anza-Borrego and although you can camp almost anywhere in the state park, no ground fires are permitted so it works for me.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Hello, new to the forum..... I'll chime in on this fire pit. Used mine for the first time last weekend while on the Bradshaw Trail. Absolutely love it. The heat is radiated out very well, just like using a wash tub. Easy to light. Used minimal wood to keep a nice fire. I split the wood into smaller pieces which made it last longer. I have the large size and bought the heavy duty bag to carry it in. I purchased mine from CampSavers.com; they had it on sale for $30 off, that was back around Christmas though. Most of my travels are around Anza-Borrego and although you can camp almost anywhere in the state park, no ground fires are permitted so it works for me.
Just a heads up, "campsaverS.com" should be campsaver.com

I really need to pick one of these things up

gsdog2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Looks like they only have the medium size. I would highly recommend getting the large..just my 2 cents.
I must've bought the last large size in the states..haa.haaa. just ordered the grill bridge and grate from Drifta in Australia. Shipping sucks but no one else has things in the large size.

Reactions: HudsonZRoamer

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Great bit of kit and were open fire are not allowed its a bbq Well made and great value the carry bag is a bit flimsy I got a sail maker to do a canvas upgrade for me. Also dutch oven and coffee pot can be used in conjuction with the half rack. Folds down flat and packs away to a flat pack BNT

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV