SnoMaster 66L Fridge/Freezer After a Year of Use

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

California

We made a review video about our SnoMaster 66L fridge/freezer.

I was getting some questions about it and figured a video was probably the best way for me to answer those questions since I am an awful writer.

The short answer is YES we like it. I'm so glad my wife insisted on us upgrading from our ice and cooler.

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't address in the video and I'll write you the least awful response I can manage ;)

Joe Mayernik

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Park City
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mayernik
Member #

How are you maintaining power to the unit? Just when driving? when your camped for a few days how do you maintain power? PS Good review

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
How are you maintaining power to the unit? Just when driving? when your camped for a few days how do you maintain power? PS Good review
Deep cycle battery at least 95AH and solar to keep it topped up.

I have a single battery in my truck for starting and running gear with solar.

Others insist on a dual battery setup. Search away because that topic and details on how to do it or not do it have been discussed for decades.

Joe Mayernik

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Park City
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mayernik
Member #

Deep cycle battery at least 95AH and solar to keep it topped up.

I have a single battery in my truck for starting and running gear with solar.

Others insist on a dual battery setup. Search away because that topic and details on how to do it or not do it have been discussed for decades.
So if your running off a 95ah and using maybe a 100w panel during the day you can run it all day and night?

Reactions: Luis Merlo

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

Enthusiast III

California
I use a 150Ah auxiliary battery bank that is charged by the vehicle when driving and charged by 300W solar panels when at camp.

One precaution that I will add is to consider the environment you will be using your setup and compare it to the environment of the people giving you advise.
In Baja winter conditions I camp for weeks without looking at the batteries and when I do, they are nice and full.
In Costa Rica rainy season (less sun, more heat) I was doing everything I could think of to help solar collection and fridge efficiency and still had to run the truck every couple of days to keep things changed.

Vanhalo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

FEMA REGION IV
First Name
Van
Last Name
Halo

We made a review video about our SnoMaster 66L fridge/freezer.

I was getting some questions about it and figured a video was probably the best way for me to answer those questions since I am an awful writer.

The short answer is YES we like it. I'm so glad my wife insisted on us upgrading from our ice and cooler.

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't address in the video and I'll write you the least awful response I can manage ;)
Is this EX67d or or the LP66?

Enthusiast III

California
Is this EX67d or or the LP66?
Ours is 3 years old now. (and still going strong) so it's a little different than the current models, but the EX67d is very similar. Same size. both are decided cabinets. I think the new one just has upgraded hinges, bag, and a slightly different layout on the control panel.

Reactions: Vanhalo