SLO Rob's 2000 4Runner SR5

• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

@SLO Rob How are the sliders coming along? I finally got mine in the mail and I am painting them. I was wondering if you have gotten any rust or anything yet living by the coast.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Yeah they will. I've rustoleumed' three times and wish I'd pre painted the sliders beforehand ( not the parts that will be welded) I'll tape them up soon and get a good thick coat on them...maybe monsta liner or something.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Got my Sonoran Steel adjustable panhard delivered today. Steve was great to work with, what with my newbie questions left and right. I'll get that on and report. No one told me, after the gazillions lift/suspension threads I read, that the sideways pressure increases so much with a 3" lift. Anytime I hit any kind of bump, my ass flies passenger!

Last edited:

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

just looking at the picture above again...that's at 15 psi or lower...those load E tires sure don't bow out much, do they...

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Installed Sonoran Steel Adjustable Panhard Bar! No more crabbing and having my rear end fly sideways over every little bump (yeah, I know, that's a loaded statement) BUT! Of all the millions of lift threads, I can't believe this isn't stated more. I had a HUGE improvement in ride and handling and can't recommend it enough.

panhard.JPG