First Name
Bryce
Last Name
McNab
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNT
Hey All!

I have an ALPS Mountaineering Lightweight Double Air Pad that is fantastic. It'll velcro together in the middle to make a roughly full size bed, or velcro over on it self to double the thickness for one person. But I'm having a problem staying on the pad when I'm sleeping. How do y'all secure your sleeping bags to your sleeping ads or air mattresses?

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I've seen a video where they use velcro for kids sleeping bags and pads but not sure it wold work for a fullsize setup. Have you thought about a cot?

billiardspintail

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Jose, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
McNab
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNT
I've seen a video where they use velcro for kids sleeping bags and pads but not sure it wold work for a fullsize setup. Have you thought about a cot?
I do have a surplus military cot:

I've put the sleeping pad on the cot and the sleeping bag on top of that, and I slip around a bit still, but I don't fall off of it.

Dorian

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Bilak
Member #

I had the same problem for years and kept sliding off my sleeping pad. I switched to a Zenbivy sleep system. Expensive but great. The bottom sheet is sort of like a fitted sheet that wraps around the sleeping pad. I haven't had any issues with it moving. If you like what you have, maybe you can add a few strips of webbing or elastic to your sleeping bag so that it holds onto your sleeping pad.

Reactions: billiardspintail