Simple Truck Bed/Fridge Slide (like an actual slide)

• HTML tutorial

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Papa Dave...most awesome idea and build. I need to do something similar but need to incorporate a tilt due to my elevated Decked storage system. I see a conversation in our future :)

Reactions: PapaDave

BlueUnicorn

Rank III

Traveler III

Valdosta, GA, USA
First Name
Melissa
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
This will get you to the right type of product that you can pick from

@PapaDave I saw those and was like this looks similar to what you were using. One last question though, I see these only seem to come in a max length up to 48 inches. Did you join multiple tracks together to be able to extend to the full 60 inches of the bed? Thanks for taking the time to assist and answer questions! It's much appreciated

I'm ready to get this build started underneath the diamondback cover because I too am getting to the point of "hating bins" lol. They are convenient for storage and organizing my camp gear but it gets old packing and unpacking them.

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave I saw those and was like this looks similar to what you were using. One last question though, I see these only seem to come in a max length up to 48 inches. Did you join multiple tracks together to be able to extend to the full 60 inches of the bed? Thanks for taking the time to assist and answer questions! It's much appreciated

I'm ready to get this build started underneath the diamondback cover because I too am getting to the point of "hating bins" lol. They are convenient for storage and organizing my camp gear but it gets old packing and unpacking them.
Yes I joined them and placed the joining sections closer to the window side of the bed because the slide isn’t leveraging against the t track at that point in its movement cycle. I have a Tundra now and building a half bed slide using 5ft sliders, something the size of a Tacoma bed wouldn’t allow before. The track anchor slide works well but does take a little muscle to move.

Under the cover and hating bins was the whole reason I made my first plywood drawer which then evolved into a PullKitchen. I hope the build goes well.

Reactions: BlueUnicorn

BlueUnicorn

Rank III

Traveler III

Valdosta, GA, USA
First Name
Melissa
Last Name
Dawson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Not a dumb question, so I got flat head bolts that matched the holes on the track, they aren’t too big of a hole. Then the nuts and a big washer are under the bed. Rivnuts would mean you don’t have to have a nut and washer, but if you go the rivnut route make sure it has big flanges when it collapses so it grips securely
Rivnuts definitely sound like an excellent idea. Probably a silly question, but do the rivnuts have enough depth to fit all the way through the composite bed to create a flange? Any recommendations on what the best size rivnut would be? 1/4-20??

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I wanted to use 1/4 20 hardware to the rivnuts but the limitation I struggled with was that the screw holes in the t channel were too small. I used smaller rivnuts and they worked ok but I think bolts were stronger in the long run

Reactions: BlueUnicorn

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Would drilling to expand the holes in the T-Channel work maybe?
Potentially but then you have a tight balance between how much material you can bevel out versus how big the 1/4 20 flat head screw is so the t nut will slide past