Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
Looking for inspiration to do better than throw both mics in the passenger seat. Show off how you mount your mics and tell us about what you like and dislike with your system. Pictures encouraged!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
There are magnetic mic mounts but they are pretty expensive for what they are.
Yes, I was looking at these, but as you said, quite expensive. After I while I got used to the standard ones to hang on the mic without watcing.

My CB mic is just mounted with the headunit. I made a little holder for that, maybe I have a photo somewhere, let me check... and the HAM mic is mounted at the dash.

Reactions: Oranger

jeeper_4_life

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kansas
First Name
Rob
Last Name
E
Member #

I did a Scosche mount on my truck for my MXT275. I removed the round clip off the mic and did 3M heavy duty double sided tape to mount the metal plate as the adhesive for the plate mount was not strong enough. I mounted the magnet part to the dash. I get to redo it because the adhesive is not strong enough in the heat for it either. Otherwise it appears it will work okay. I was going to do the Nite Ize, but didn't want to wait for shipping. I got the Scosche at target.

676A7200-9AE0-4927-ADD0-617732139402.jpeg354C30B5-3113-4DB8-B5B0-7A80AB1F2E77.jpeg

Last edited: