wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
It and the George Washington National Forest to the West has a lot of open camping country and trails

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Here's a few from a variety of types of campsites I've had in the last year.

padre-roadhouse_1915-900.jpg
Gulf of Mexico, trying out the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp along with trailer, awning, and RTT.

roaddude-ptuck_6856-900.jpg
New Hampshire lake camping. This place was a blast, to be able to canoe right up to my campsite.

santana-2136-1000.jpg
Desert camping in West Texas borderlands

roaddude_XV2-milkyway-7124-900.jpeg
Borderlands camping along the Rio Bravo del Norte for the specific purpose of night sky shooting. That's Mexico on the right, with the river not far behind my trailer.
I camped over thirty nights in this specific area, and over seventeen weeks straight within 75-80 miles of here.

swissarmytrailer_8081-900.jpg
This is a couple weeks ago in New England and shows the full megillah, with all four awning extension corners out, which doubles by square footage under cover at each end. Great for both shade in the desert and rain in the woods.

A guy stopped by to check it all out once and said "This is like the Swiss Army Knife of trailers!" Other than the obvious things like canoe and bike and sometimes the gen, most everything stays off the ground and is self-contained in van or trailer. Makes things super easy to set up and tear down.

I'm really happy with how well all the elements I've put together have worked and how efficiently they all complement each other. I've had the rig as seen above almost two years (canoe just over 14 mos) and have been out with it over 500 nights at this point, I think, with adventures lasting anywhere from a week to eight months straight.

Last edited:

KennethC

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Calexico, CA
First Name
Kennth
Last Name
Claverie

View attachment 111703
Gulf of Mexico, trying out the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp along with trailer, awning, and RTT.

View attachment 111704
New Hampshire lake camping. This place was a blast, to be able to canoe right up to my campsite.

View attachment 111702

View attachment 111701
Borderlands camping along the Rio Bravo del Norte for the specific purpose of night sky shooting. That's Mexico on the right, with the river not far behind my trailer.
I camped over thirty nights in this specific area, and over seventeen weeks straight within 75-80 miles of here.

View attachment 111706
This is a couple weeks ago in New England and shows the full megillah, with all four awning extension corners out, which doubles by square footage under cover at each end. Great for both shade in the desert and rain in the woods.

A guy stopped by to check it all out once and said "This is like the Swiss Army Knife of trailers!" Other than the obvious things like canoe and bike and sometimes the gen, most everything stay off the ground and is self-contained in van or trailer. Makes things super easy to set up and tear down.

I'm really happy with how well all the elements I've put together have worked and how efficiently they all complement each other. I've had the rig as seen above almost two years (canoe just over 14 mos) and have been out with it over 500 nights at this point, I think, with adventures lasting anywhere from a week to eight months straight.

Wow! Beautiful camps. Your photos are stunning!

Reactions: Road

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

View attachment 111703

View attachment 111704

View attachment 111702

View attachment 111701

View attachment 111706

A guy stopped by to check it all out once and said "This is like the Swiss Army Knife of trailers!" Other than the obvious things like canoe and bike and sometimes the gen, most everything stays off the ground and is self-contained in van or trailer. Makes things super easy to set up and tear down.

love the trailer setup!

Reactions: Road

desl

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Lennon
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VNY
The view and then the place the first pic was taken from. (A few weeks ago at Lime Kiln in Big Sur.) The river at the bottom right of the frame was a great source of white noise to help the kids and adults sleep. (3 year old and a 6 month old camping in a tent with us. Probably the only tent with a pack-n-play in it.)

Attachments