SFSMedic's 2012 Tacoma TRD OR - Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Picked up a Switch Pros as well as an ARB Compressor for under the hood. So like everything else that goes into this truck they are sitting on the shelf waiting for me to figure out a way to install it cleanly. Installing to me is about making it easy to get to and work on in the event things go awry.

The ARB Compressor was an easy solution, I ordered a Slee Offroad ARB Single compressor mount.

I needed to make a bracket for the Switch Pros and the Blue Sea fuse block I was going to run everything through.

Here are a couple pics after the template I made was cut out and the product was bent and drilled to be bolted in.

Then to drill for the Switch Pros and Blue Sea Fuse Block for mounting and off to paint.
SAVE SPACE FOR AFTER PAINT AND DRILL PICS

Parts mounted and the plate reinstalled
SAVE SPACE FOR PICS

Last edited:
Reactions: Rattlesnake44

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Finally got around to installing the Switch Pros today which is good because I have several other items to install that needed that done first.

A couple weeks ago I went over to my buddy Jasen's shop so I could fabricate a mounting bracket for the switch pros and a 6 fuse Blue Sea fuse block.

Today Cris (BlkWgn) came over and gave me a hand with the wiring. While I can wire and everything will work I never said I was good at it. Fortunately Cris is. I tore the interior out of the truck to run the wiring for the switches and prepped the area I wanted the switches installed while he did a very clean and professional wiring install of the Switch Pros unit.

Currently nothing is hooked to the switch pros so no button stickers have been installed.

I have an ARB compressor, Baja Designs Squadron Sports I'll be running as ditch lights that will need to be wired up to it.

I also have a set of Baja Designs Squadron Sport R's in the fog light location I may or may not add to the switch pros. I'm undecided because it's hooked into the stock fog light switch now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Took a trip down to visit Tyler and Satin Pelfrey of Pelfreybilt. Started the transition of all my armor over to their products.

We installed the Pelfreybilt Aluminum Plate bumper and IFS skid.

I am a big fan of how well the Baja Design lights for this bumper and now my light bar is neatly recessed in the bumper instead of mounted on top like on the older All Pro Aluminum bumper (which is for sale btw)

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Yotamasters in Corona, CA did a great job on the cab mount chop. I only expect the best from Eric and his team and they always deliver.

Top view of the CMC.

From the bottom looking up.

A quick pic with the new Falken Wildpeak MTs on after the AAL was also installed.

Last edited:

sfsmedic

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Purchased the ARB CKMA12 compressor with the only intent to use it as a compressor. No need for air lockers since the TRD Off Road has a really good locker setup that hasn't let me down yet.

I bought the Slee Offroad mount and installed the compressor under the hood.

The slee mount was excellent. No massaging into place. It just fit as advertised and very simple to install.

I wish I could say the same for wiring the compressor using ARBs provided wiring loom. I wanted to wire it directly into the switch pros so I had to figure out this mess.

After lots of googlefu with little to no help on the internet, lots of wiring diagram deciphering and a few texts with @BlkWgn I found the info I needed. For those of you who need this, this is how I'm hooking the OEM ARB CKMA12 compressor loom up to my switch-pros.

-Thick red with inline fuse direct to battery positive, thick black/white stripe and small black (that are taped to battery positive wire) direct to battery negative.
-Three plug setups: use the one with the thick red/white stripe and black/white stripe to plug directly into the compressor (tape off the other two plugs these are for locker solenoids and not used)
-small single red and small single blue wires with small plastic plugs go to your pressure switch which you are still using in the compressor (doesn't matter which way they are plugged in)
-lastly the small red wire (in the bundle (of 4 small wires; red green yellow blue) goes to the switch pros while the other wires are taped off and not used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk