Sequoia build

• HTML tutorial

Big Tree

Rank II

Advocate II

so i decided to go with a sequoia, not many parts offered for this model so should be fun.
day 1
IMG_5833.JPG

Attachments

Deadman Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Escondido, CA
Member #

For your hidden winch mount, is all you did was weld a harbor frieght winch mount plate on top of the bumper? Did you do anything else to tie it into the frame? I have been thinking about doing something similar but that seems almost too easy.

Big Tree

Rank II

Advocate II

I plasma cut the stock bumper to drop the plate about an 2" then welded winch plate and reinforced with 1/4" plate front an back..then plated the crush zone over with 1/4"..the new bumper I'm building now is removing this all together and new mount plate will be welded to end of frame rails..

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Deadman Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Wow, that's way more than what you pictures make it look like. First you have picture of it mocked up on the stock bumper, then BAM its finished. I was hoping it would be that easy...

Big Tree

Rank II

Advocate II

Kind of Hollywood there...I placed the oem bumper on and noticed it should be dropped to center it..
And in the mist of excitement, didn't take any pics.

Yamawammer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pocatello, ID, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gillespie
Member #

Love this build! Your work is amazing! Picking up a gen 1 Sequoia here soon. Thought I was the only one who liked these trucks.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
Really like this build thread ... You don't see many of these trucks used for overlanding. Please keep posting updates ...

Reactions: RainGoat

reno464

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

I was in the process of saving to build my 96 80 and the wife had so much fun with it until we tried sleeping in it with snoring bear by her side. She made a command decision took all my hard earned money and bought a first gen tree. Gotta say I do love the big comfy tree but I can't find any aftermarket support. Are you building the bumpers from scratch. Kit Maybe. Who what when where are you getting the equipment upgrades from? Love it so far keep the updates coming!

Big Tree

Rank II

Advocate II

Reno..I built everything from scratch..I first scanned the car and then started designing parts..I have king build my shocks from my specs..but tundra parts do work though a lighter truck..as for rear lift land cruiser coils no spacers needed..as for everything else..well I was on my own..but that's why I bought my tree. But I designed and had everything waterjet or laser cut and bent..so I have the ability to reproduce come the demand is sufficient..thanks for following..I'm currently cutting the undercarriages skid plate system and new rear links. So stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

hotspot_welding

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi Big Tree, I have a 2003 Sequoia and was wondering which snorkel you used and what kind of modifications it took to make it fit right? The tree looks great and it makes me excited to build mine out!

wasuber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodinville, Wa.
Member #

Holy cow nice build! Glad I found it, and we're almost twins! I went Sequoia as well because I wanted the extra power for towing UTV's and the ability to go anywhere and set up camp and go have fun.

I've got suspension basics down, tires, safety, towing handled, LED lighting for both rig and trailer, now I want to get that rear spare from underneath out and a rear hatch mount. Hopefully I get to see your rig in person out in the wild someday :) It's an inspiration!