La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Hahaha. Yeah unfortunately all brewery tasting rooms are closed. Including mine. So I guess we can’t have a meeting in a brewery. Unfortunately we also can’t gather in groups larger then 10 hahaha. So what 9 other members are we netting up with lol.
Personally for my family we are trying to avoid contact with as many people as we can. (My son and mother In-law have very compromised immune systems.). So I hope that. Few other people are willing to meet up but I can’t sorry.

Reactions: The desert trek

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Anyone got any ideas of a good camping trip this weekend where I can get away with the wife while maintaining social distancing standards...getting cabin fever.

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Check out Big Bear. The trails are opened and as far as I can tell dispersed camping looked like its allowed. No fires though.
Thanks Jason! That’s great news...ready for some mountains after spending a lot of time in the desert all winter. Any trail recommendations? I have a 4runner with a king suspension and all terrains.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Thanks Jason! That’s great news...ready for some mountains after spending a lot of time in the desert all winter. Any trail recommendations? I have a 4runner with a king suspension and all terrains.
I just do Holcomb Valley Road and it was in good condition a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: jaydanger

BlueLineStew

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Cajon, CA
First Name
Stewart
Last Name
Andrews
Member #

Anyone got any ideas of a good camping trip this weekend where I can get away with the wife while maintaining social distancing standards...getting cabin fever.
My wife and I just camped off kitchen creek road near mount Laguna. It’s dispersed camping in the National forest so no wood fires but was great to get out for fresh air.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I'd be down for a meet up on the 6th just let me know what you got in mind for a location!

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Going to check out Bee Canyon—>Pine Cove Road up near Idlewild tomorrow if anyone is interested. Anyone recommend any good primitive campsites off the trail or in the area? Route attached.569D33ED-98A8-4E9A-A318-B09C0A7A850D.png

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Let me know how it was and any pics if you got them.
Turned out to be a pretty good trip minus the fact that there wasn’t any primitive camping besides two yellow post spots. We ended up lucking out and getting a spot at the idlewild campground right outside of town which was gorgeous. Any Jeep/Taco/4runner with 4wd should be fine on that route. 27CF162D-D0D8-46D2-93C6-2DD46554CD6A.jpeg

Jeremy Hout

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hout
Member #

Let me know how it was and any pics if you got them.
l
Love the pic and thanks for the info on the trial
Turned out to be a pretty good trip minus the fact that there wasn’t any primitive camping besides two yellow post spots. We ended up lucking out and getting a spot at the idlewild campground right outside of town which was gorgeous. Any Jeep/Taco/4runner with 4wd should be fine on that route. View attachment 156586

Reactions: jaydanger