Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
My son and I are probably going to Joshua Tree next weekend (6/12). Their website confirms most individual campsites are open, but currently first come first served. Do any of you have experience with nearby trails for my truck or on a Yamaha dual sport bike? thx much

fullsizeoutput_4b.jpegfullsizeoutput_4b.jpeg

Reactions: STOMPERWK2

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Anybody game for a day-trip somewhere in the San Diego area this weekend?

Killoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Dumadag
Member #

Didnt see any updates saying it got canceled but im at societe! Hope to meet some of you guys soon

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Since no one responded I assumed it was not happening so I did not go....

SDLX08

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Horacio
Last Name
Morales
Member #

This will be my first time going, is this family/kid friendly or adults only. Looking forward to going.

SDLX08

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Horacio
Last Name
Morales
Member #

This will be my first time going, is this family/kid friendly or adults only. Looking forward to going.

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

It is family friendly, although our bar meetups have been postponed due to Covid. We haven't planned an official group outing either due to this. The SD monthly meetup is a reoccurring event so it automatically puts it on the calendar each month. Hopefully we will be able to get something more official on the books soon

SDLX08

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Horacio
Last Name
Morales
Member #

It is family friendly, although our bar meetups have been postponed due to Covid. We haven't planned an official group outing either due to this. The SD monthly meetup is a reoccurring event so it automatically puts it on the calendar each month. Hopefully we will be able to get something more official on the books soon
Thanks Chris- I appreciate the quick response. Looking forward to meeting up with more enthusiast. Cheers.

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

Unrelated to meetups, for anyone that hasn't seen - the Overland Bound app (OB 1) was just released for iOS and Android not too long ago. So far it's been way easier to get notifications and browse the forum. Just an FYI for anyone interested in having a phone friendlier version of this.

Brash Kinderlan

Rank II

Contributor I

Champlain Street, Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Ivor
Last Name
Lindow
Member #

It sounds like the outdoor beer garden is open. I called down just to be sure. They're serving up cold brews and have an "amazing!" taco truck to supplement.

If anyone is down to roll over tomorrow as scheduled, I'll be there! Hoping it's not a solo mission!.

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
It sounds like the outdoor beer garden is open. I called down just to be sure. They're serving up cold brews and have an "amazing!" taco truck to supplement.

If anyone is down to roll over tomorrow as scheduled, I'll be there! Hoping it's not a solo mission!.

July has 5 weeks....short notice....How about we try next Thursday the 23rd?

See if we can round up some more troops?

I saw a clip on the news about the outdoor set up at Societe Brewer, that would work out great.

Hops - do you have any contacts there?

Photo was on the 4th on Thomas Mt.
IMG_20200703_125243.jpg

Brash Kinderlan

Rank II

Contributor I

First Name
Ivor
Last Name
Lindow
Member #

July has 5 weeks....short notice....How about we try next Thursday the 23rd?

See if we can round up some more troops?

I saw a clip on the news about the outdoor set up at Societe Brewer, that would work out great.

Hops - do you have any contacts there?

Photo was on the 4th on Thomas Mt.
View attachment 163201
They're open for sure. Not sure if you can reserve some tables or not but it's definitely worth asking.

The space is very limited because of the new(ish) restrictions. Only one party per table. Most tables were taken up by individuals.

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
They're open for sure. Not sure if you can reserve some tables or not but it's definitely worth asking.

The space is very limited because of the new(ish) restrictions. Only one party per table. Most tables were taken up by individuals.
Gotcha...thanks for scouting ;-)

What time did you go?

@hopkillin may have some contact and/or someone will have to arrive early.

It would be nice to get the gang back together

Reactions: jaydanger

Brash Kinderlan

Rank II

Contributor I

First Name
Ivor
Last Name
Lindow
Member #

Gotcha...thanks for scouting ;-)

What time did you go?

@hopkillin may have some contact and/or someone will have to arrive early.

It would be nice to get the gang back together
I went down at about quarter to six. Great spot, damn good beer and amazing tacos. We just need to finagle a corner for OBers.

Reactions: STOMPERWK2

Brash Kinderlan

Rank II

Contributor I

First Name
Ivor
Last Name
Lindow
Member #

Not quite there yet but is anyone kicking the idea around for a meet? I'd like to propose a run somewhere. We drive our own vehicles after all. We can keep our distance by getting away from the city!

Anyone wanting to do some exploring hit me up and we can put a plan together. I feel I'm being irresponsible by staying put all these weekends in a row. I've got some new mods I need to put through the paces.