Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Err, hey everyone – I just now took a peek at this thread.

Between Overland Bound not notifying me in-app or via e-mail about updates here, and between the OB system not being congruent with itself – it clearly knows we meet third Thursday yet it puts our dates on Wednesday? – this has created some confusion. Although I remain grateful I've met you all through here.

In any case, I've updated the event on OB to say Chilies tonight – hopefully it sticks this time (but I doubt it). I'm going tonight after all, looking forward. Glad we can do Chilies, a couple tables of 4 which is likely close to what we do anyway sounds good.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Hey guys! This really sucks but I can't make it tonight. I was really looking forward to hanging out too.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather since yesterday. I have a mild fever and I don't want to risk. No point on scaring anyone with the Rona. I'm sure it's food poisoning from the ceveiche I had but I should play it safe.

Have fun out there!

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Matt, I have your blanket in my truck but it doesn't do any good since I can't make it. I'll figure out how to get it to you. I'm supposed to be Offroading and camping this weekend but I may have to cancel that too.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Sorry we missed you, we meet the third Thursday of every month. we started to get together last last not the a Chilies in Glendora. It where 57 ends into 210 frays. I try to post a reminder of the meeting the week before. We'll get together May 20th next month. I hope to see you there! Mike McMullen

Reactions: DrewKD

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
Good catching up with everyone last night. I’m finally caught up on all our posts. I wish this app would consistently notify us of new activity. And yes, I was the only one that showed up to Corner Bakery. Haha.

Here’s the videos I made of our DV trip. I completely forgot to send them.

Day 1

Day 2-3

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Anyone interested in an Overnight trip to Joshua Tree on either 5/15-16 (Mother's Day weekend) or 5/22-23?

Route would begin off hwy 62 in Twentynine Palms. We would include Gold Crown Road, Old Dale Road and Black Eagle Road for the 1st day. Camping on BLM by the old mines off of Black Eagle. 2nd day is Desert Queen Road, Geology Tour Road and possibly Berdoo Canyon.

What say you?

RoyD@626

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Glendora, CA, USA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

Anyone interested in an Overnight trip to Joshua Tree on either 5/15-16 (Mother's Day weekend) or 5/22-23?
Us too. 5/22-23 works for us. For some reason my wife said no for the 15-16. .....go figure. We’re in!!
Route would begin off hwy 62 in Twentynine Palms. We would include Gold Crown Road, Old Dale Road and Black Eagle Road for the 1st day. Camping on BLM by the old mines off of Black Eagle. 2nd day is Desert Queen Road, Geology Tour Road and possibly Berdoo Canyon.

What say you?

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

I think I finally fixed the calendaring issue with this group, I think I understand the bug that was happening. Crossing fingers it stays on the third Thursday. I also updated the description to say third Thursday so in case it gets off again someone should see it in the description (but I generally keep an eye on it).

PS. Side note, I recently started this for Overlander Tech on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/groups/overlandertech -> a place to discuss Comms, Navigation, Wiring, Lights, Power, Apps, Safety. I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Is this worth going to?

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I guess it depends if they are selling any items that you are looking for and if they offer some sort of sale or discount at the event.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I guess it depends if they are selling any items that you are looking for and if they offer some sort of sale or discount at the event.
I am interested in their 180 awning but not at full price. I may go....

06Nismo1

Rank III

Traveler III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GIV
Hi Everyone,

Just joined the SGV group and look forward to the next meet-up. I missed April thinking it was cancelled. Look forward to the May 20th meet-up.

Reactions: Big Blue