Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

I realized... I'm doing mod planning and thought, if anyone would like to follow along / I'll share my notes / purchase list / learnings, let me know – happy to share / open to feedback too. Been planning/thinking through these things for years. Using Google Docs to organize my notes if anyone would like to comment. Scott's been a great help thus far! I'm assembling my list and wrapping my head around how "it all works together." Also, grateful for any other set of eyes and/or thoughts/concerns/opinions - I don't know what I don't know!

Main objectives:

1. Dual battery set up on the 4Runner
2. Lights (front, side, rear, reverse, fog)
3. Add voice control via Raspberry pi computer integrated into SPODS

Pending how this goes, I may build some sort of Tesla-like "Sentry mode" for my truck, too.

Buying from Diode Dynamics mostly, Baja, SPODS during Black Friday sales.

Like this post if you'd like me to start a thread and include you / share the google doc / etc. If there's some interest maybe I'll do that!

In the interim, enjoy the holiday!

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

This month's meetup is our Christmas celebration!
Join us for our annual White Elephant gift exchange this coming Thursday 12/21/23!!!
We meet at the Boat as usual at 6:00 - 9:00pm.

Rules for gift exchange:
  • Bring a "USED" and still functioning piece of Overlanding equipment.
  • No value specified. Just something that didn't quite work out for you that you think someone else may enjoy.
  • Be sure to wrap the gift in a manner that we can't figure out what it is.
  • NO POO TENTS! I cannot stress this enough. No one wants your Poo sanctuary.
It is a good idea to bring a chair with you as this can go long. Wear your ugly Christmas sweaters or whatever floats your boat. It's the time to be festive.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Why is the no poo tents rule in place now that I have one to give away?!?!
Because I keep getting stuck with Poo tents!!! Everyone has the same crappy free standing tent that all Overlanders buy at first thinking, "this will do. I'll save money this way." No you won't! You'll be miserable and end up buying a proper one later on down the line. I don't even know how Carl ever fit in his tent for all that time.....

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

We are sitting out by the rigs tonight for anyone wondering why we're not inside.