Rcad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wildomar, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Cadman
Rcad have you done 3N16? This is the route I’m thinking for the trip.
Yes, I have. That looks good to me! If we have any trouble finding an open camp spot, we could always venture south on 3N12 from 3N16 since there's a few more spots in that direction. With that said, I'm by no means an expert on Big Bear. I've just made a handfull of trips through there and been mapping out Tracks & Camps using Gaia and TrailsOffroad.com.
I look forward to venturing out with some of you guys soon. I'll probably be doing a lot of weekend exploring/ camping in Big Bear until around October, and then shift my attention to Anza Borrego area.

Reactions: SDrnd2 and Lramirez

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Rcad have you done 3N16? This is the route I’m thinking for the trip.
Yes, I have. That looks good to me! If we have any trouble finding an open camp spot, we could always venture south on 3N12 from 3N16 since there's a few more spots in that direction. With that said, I'm by no means an expert on Big Bear. I've just made a handfull of trips through there and been mapping out Tracks & Camps using Gaia and TrailsOffroad.com.
I look forward to venturing out with some of you guys soon. I'll probably be doing a lot of weekend exploring/ camping in Big Bear until around October, and then shift my attention to Anza Borrego area.
I never been Anza borrego. Would like to go if u don't mind. Lol

I am very familiar with big bear. I think I have done this trail before. I started from green valley lake area to back side of big bear. It's very doable on stock cars.

Reactions: SDrnd2

SDrnd2

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Point Loma, San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Walter
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Anza is a lot of fun, so many trails out there and dispersed camping but it’s super hot in the summer. Definitely hitting up anza once it starts cooling down.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

That is in a beautiful area up there. That route is usually graded dirt road and very easy so you should have no worries. Of course, you can take Holcomb Creek 3N93 if you want a little shortcut. Just kidding --- Don't do that in stock rigs. It is a very fun but tough trail that parallels 3N16.

1626473819240.png

Reactions: Lramirez

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
That is in a beautiful area up there. That route is usually graded dirt road and very easy so you should have no worries. Of course, you can take Holcomb Creek 3N93 if you want a little shortcut. Just kidding --- Don't do that in stock rigs. It is a very fun but tough trail that parallels 3N16.

View attachment 204487
I can probably get to the third rock garden on 3n93 route.

Reactions: Brewbud

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to do a quick check in and state in am looking forward to meeting all of u and enjoying a nice easy stroll in big bear.

Any update on camping sites?

SDrnd2

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Casey
Last Name
Walter
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hi. New to overland bound. In San Diego, Lifted Ram sport on 35s (just started this new build ). Usually a a group of 3 rigs. is there a big bear meet? Can I connect with you guys from SD to always be in the loop?
Hey Diego, we have a big bear 3N16 run on 31JUL-01AUG. Here’s the rally point. Big Bear 3N16 Run - Overland Bound

Reactions: Diegoflores86

SDrnd2

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Casey
Last Name
Walter
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to do a quick check in and state in am looking forward to meeting all of u and enjoying a nice easy stroll in big bear.

Yellow post 6 or 7 are the most likely candidates. Other option is finding a dispersed site along the route. Definitely open to suggestions, I usually like to stumble upon hidden gems.

Lramirez

Rank V
Launch Member

Educator II

First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ramiez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Roxanne
Hi everyone!

Yellow post 6 or 7 are the most likely candidates. Other option is finding a dispersed site along the route. Definitely open to suggestions, I usually like to stumble upon hidden gems.
Sounds good to me.