US West San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

• HTML tutorial

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

We are going on the 24th, meeting up in Julian then taking a trail over to Oriflamme then heading down. Let me know if you wanna join and I'll get the details!

Yes, I will be interested in going. I also have no sliders. Moderate lift, 2" at most.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
We are going on the 24th, meeting up in Julian then taking a trail over to Oriflamme then heading down. Let me know if you wanna join and I'll get the details!
Got the info? Trying to see if I can make it work.

_jimmysbrotherrr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

I need to call the ranger station to see what's actually open locally. Been itching for a night run through the forest, lately.

Also, Everytime I see your username I just start quoting Superbad.
Except I don’t have the voice of an angel

I ended up doing a trip to Anza-Borrego Friday night and came back this afternoon. I’m down for a night run

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Looks like this trip might have to be an other day. No one was sure of the condition (or exact location) of the upper trail, so we will need to do some recon before we get this one set up.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
I might try and make the run and check it out. According to trails off-road it’s open but I’m not sure the last time that was updated.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Looks like this trip might have to be an other day. No one was sure of the condition (or exact location) of the upper trail, so we will need to do some recon before we get this one set up.
I can send you my track from two weeks ago.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I can send you my track from two weeks ago.
Lorenzo, they were concerned about the first trail up in Julian they were going to hit up, Oriflamme looked to be Ok from their previous trip and your pictures. We will probably try and check it out next month before we organize a run up there. I'll keep you posted.

velociraptured

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

I'm heading out to fish creek this Saturday for a quick overnight if anyone wants to join. Probably leaving at 8 or so from La Mesa..

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Heading to Alabama Hills with the Inland Empire group Next Friday- Sunday
There are some cool camp spots there, if you get there early. Unfortunately the roads there are all graded so you will be competing with Honda Civics and such for the prime spots. Needles to say the wheeling isn't that great, but the views are epic.

Reactions: hopkillin

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Ok so TRAILS AND COFFEE,
What do we want outlet first outing to be. Carroll canyon? Something else. I don’t know a ton of trails?

Reactions: STOMPERWK2

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I would be down. I think the idea of trails and coffee is a good idea. Not super familiar with trails out here so I am kinda useless in that department lol.