Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I'm going to map something out between Fredericksburg and Mason. I've been on a few roads out there.
That's a fun area. A group of us have hit the water crossings on the James River road a few times since December. We often camp at Oxford Ranch.

lab_rat

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
W
I’m in NE SATX area, bought a stock, one-owner, 2010 GX460 with extensive dealer maintenance records last month.

I tell ya...I’ve got the GXOR/overland bug bad lol

I will be ordering bumpers, suspension, wheels and tires in the next month...anyone have good recommendations on shops to have matching powdercoat and/or install everything? I am sure with the tire size, the GX will need the body mount chop/mod, too.

I’m glad to have found the OB forum. Hope to meet y’all soon!

-George

Viking Justice

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Justice
Member #

I’m in NE SATX area, bought a stock, one-owner, 2010 GX460 with extensive dealer maintenance records last month.

I will be ordering bumpers, suspension, wheels and tires in the next month...anyone have good recommendations on shops to have matching powdercoat and/or install everything? I am sure with the tire size, the GX will need the body mount chop/mod, too.

-George
Welcome to the obsession...

WalkingBear

Rank V

Pathfinder II

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Landeros
Member #

-George
George...do not rush into mods without asking yourself what do I want my vehicle to be capable of.
Also...there is no "One shop" that does it all, I got my chop done at 4 wheel parts and they did an awesome job...suspension and lift I would go with them as well...why? Warranty!
Bumpers are another story
Bikini off road caters to Jeep owners but the guys are great to work with.
Ultimately I tell you...find what you like to install and work with the official distributor of that product...in many cases I have installed stuff that I wouldn't trust others with and I like to see where the gremlins would be when wheeling and breaking down.
Best of luck!

Viking Justice

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Justice
Member #

I couldn't agree more with @WalkingBear . Bikini handles business for us Jeep owners. I do a lot of business with 4 Wheel Parts, too. I buy most my stuff through them and do my own install unless I want it under warranty, life the lifts. They've always treated us well and the staff is very helpful.

Redsgarage

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Comfort, TX, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Rosales
Member #

-George
Welcome! I have a small shop in Comfort if you every need some work done! I'm into upgrades and repairs of all sorts. No powder coating, but installs, yes! Text me at 713397 twenty two twelve

Reactions: WalkingBear

AlamoCruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I'm planning a trip for right after Christmas this year if anyone is interested in going? Thinking about leaving SA on the 26th early morning, going to Hidden Falls for a night, going to Barnwell for the next day, and then finishing it off with a day or two at Sabine National Forest. Currently going solo

Redsgarage

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Comfort, TX, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Rosales
Member #

Anyone in or around the San Antonio area? Would really like to check out some routes and camp sites close by and hangout with some members. Most my camping is done on padre island but would really like to start heading North or west of the cityView attachment 84870 View attachment 84871
I live out in Comfort. I also have an auto repair shop out here. We're going to camp this Saturday night at Hidden Falls Adventure park in Marble Falls. I've never been, but it looks like fun. Go to their website and reserve primitive camping spot! My wife and I will be out the early Saturday and also wheeling Sunday. We're staying at Inks Lake State Park Sunday night as well. Feel free to join!
Follow me on Instagram @Redsgarage

Redsgarage

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Comfort, TX, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Rosales
Member #

I'm planning a trip for right after Christmas this year if anyone is interested in going? Thinking about leaving SA on the 26th early morning, going to Hidden Falls for a night, going to Barnwell for the next day, and then finishing it off with a day or two at Sabine National Forest. Currently going solo
Hey let me know as soon as you have dates. My birthday is December 28th. I'm going to hidden falls this weekend and I'm a big fan of barnwell Mt.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
There’s supposed to be a meet n greet this coming Sunday off of 281 north side. I can’t recall who posted the rally point.

Reactions: WalkingBear

Rick-O

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lopez
Hello,
I just joined up today. Been hiking for years, still love it but want to save my knees some so I’m outfitting my Jeep to go overlanding. Just wanted to say hey to fellow San Antonians! Cheers
Hello, I just join today too. I look forward to going out with others who have more experience with Overlander travel and camping. I’m going to try to make next weekends meet and greet. See you there!