DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
At the nice KOA in Lebanon OH - they worked out well. I‘m about 175 miles from Ripley , so I’ll get there tomorrow on the early side. Gotta find a place in Ripley to do laundry, and replenish some foodstuffs. The only things I forgot to pack were a couple washcloths and a hand towels which I’ve already bought on day #2.

Today‘s theme was rain. Guess it helped wash the farm country bug splatters off the Jeep. Not raining at the campsite, hopefully it will stay that way.

I‘ll start seeing you guys possibly starting tomorrow!
Crazy that it is almost time to start the trip. Hope you all have safe travels to the rendezvous. And a safe trip back home at the end

Reactions: Neal A. Tew
10 day delay... Warranty replacement parts coming from overseas. Guess I'll be the tailgunner to end all tailgunners lol!

Looking forward to your trail reports now that I'll be behind y'all. Thanks in advance for sharing when you can. -BP

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Set up at the Statts Mills RV park. My trailer is in the RV section near the bathroom building. I'll be in and out doing chores getting ready for Saturday. Wal-Mart us about 20 min from the camp. It is a good bit down a side road after you get off the highway, so you might need to map it.

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

I'm about 95% packed up as well, just a few things to load up tomorrow morning then headed to WV. I'm staying near Parkersburg, WV on Fri night. Just 20 min north of Ripley. I plan to head out tomorrow around noon, enjoy the ride down and get into "nomad mode". Safe travels, looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Darunner

Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando
First Name
Jehad
Last Name
Hannoush
Member #

Well fun started for me early !
2 day ago a big rock hit the windshield and double cracked it ,
I got that fixed
Today after leaving Orlando 3 h into my trip I noticed some smoke from engine bay , and it’s the AC oil leaking
I had to stop and search for 2 hour trying to find somewhere to fix it but it was late in the day
So here I am in Savanna GA , parked next to A Toyota dealer hoping they have it fixed so I can meet up with you on Saturday morning ... let’s hope ..

Darunner

Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando
First Name
Jehad
Last Name
Hannoush
Member #

If you guys think of anything you need in the weeks leading to CO that needs to be shipped, message me directly for my address and I'll bring it when I jump in.
That will be an excellent Idea , I was trying to see what options there is to have a temporary “ship to “ address while traveling in case something needed and can’t be picked along the way , thank you for offering it

DEADBEEF

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Upstate South Carolina, SC, USA
First Name
Michele
Last Name
Lary
That will be an excellent Idea , I was trying to see what options there is to have a temporary “ship to “ address while traveling in case something needed and can’t be picked along the way , thank you for offering it
Another option if you know where you will be is to have it shipped to “general delivery” in the town where you will pick it up. The post office will have it there if you show id. Not nearly as convenient as Neal’s offer, but an option.
Hope you get the runner fixed in time, it would be a bummer if you weren’t there at the beginning. Keeping our fingers crossed for you Jehad.

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
I'm all loaded and heading out at about noon. See you all very soon. I can't believe it's finally time to go! ETA at Statts Mill between 5 and 6 pm.

Darunner

Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando
First Name
Jehad
Last Name
Hannoush
Member #

Updated
Good news

High pressure line
Going from the condenser to the expansion valve need replacement
And it’s under warranty
Bad news
They don’t have the part , it will be delivered by tomorrow and they will fix it
So I am stuck in Savanna GA
I will loose my hotel reservations in Ripley and the hotel here are expensive
I checked the KOA closer to me and they don’t have any availability

So unfortunately I will not make it to the meet tomorrow morning
I will try to catch up to you as you travel the TAT from Ripley
Just update me with your coordinate

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
If you guys think of anything you need in the weeks leading to CO that needs to be shipped, message me directly for my address and I'll bring it when I jump in.
Amazon has a lot of pick up locations as well as Wal-Mart. The latter has loads of stuff listed online that isn't in the stores.

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
Updated
Good news

High pressure line
And it’s under warranty
Bad news
They don’t have the part , it will be delivered by tomorrow and they will fix it

If you want to track us, I'll have a live Garmin inReach map on my website. www.zombieoverland.com .

Everyone, feel free to give the link to friends and family if they want to see where you are.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Updated
Good news

High pressure line
And it’s under warranty
Bad news

We'll post them daily. Hope you can catch up soon!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
What's the expected head count at this point? From experience I know that folks often don't retract their RSVPs.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
What's the expected head count at this point? From experience I know that folks often don't retract their RSVPs.
Eight or nine according to the message I put out about two weeks ago to all the registered participants. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than that come Saturday. It is the nature of the game, that's why I had the limit set high at 20.

Contributor I

Charleston, WV, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Whoolery
Member #

Just put a salmon filet on the smoker that will be my dinner for 2 nights. I've got most everything packed. After I put the little one down for his nap I will go back through my checklist to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Once he waskes up this afternoon I will be loading the truck. Then all that is left is to wait til morning. I'll be to the rally point by 8:00 AM.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Please post your best photos with descriptions when you can. If no one objects, I'll share them with the OB folks that do the social media postings. They might like to share them.