First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Reese
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7NCD
Hey Everyone,

I'm part of NW Overland Quest. We explore the Pacific Northwest as a team and share route information from our adventures. Most of us are weekend warriors and sometimes manage to get one or two weeks off during the year to take longer trips together. We are currently focused on routes in Oregon before we tackle Washington. When we first started, folks in our area were stuck in this mindset that the only overlanding opportunities were at Browns Camp OHV Area and Barlow Road, unless they wanted to go all the way to Moab. There are so many great places to explore in this state and most can be done with a stock 4x4. We've built a decent list and are now organizing them better. Here are our current routes. There are several more in the hopper, but we make sure to run them through at least once before sharing publicly.

Here are some of the most popular. Hopefully these help you plan your own adventures. Feel free to ask questions on here or Instagram @nwoverlandquest.

Last edited:

SCS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
S
Member #

This is an awesome list. I did the Friend school to Barlow trip with some other trails based on this article earlier in the season. I'm looking forward to checking out some of the other routes asap.

SCS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
S
Member #

Drove the Valsetz to Lincoln City route. It's a logging road with some dump truck and logging truck traffic so be careful. Lots of signs posted that it's a private road that can be closed at any time. The road itself would have been a bit boring had it not been for the rain storm which kept things slightly more interesting. There is some nice scenery along the way. There are a lot of smaller short roads off the main Valsetz road but I didn't have time to explore more than a couple. Most of them were gated off as well. The route spits you out directly across the street from Itwhich park which was a nice spot to air up and would be great if you had a kayak ready to roll once you arrive at the coast. If I do the road again I would combine it with some paddling.wsNCB+4OQeGON4A0Lr1qqg.jpgvDuvqHFHRtqhenbxOpsrTA.jpgol9vf0%nSTmpw+WpzsNbDQ.jpg

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Awesome list, my wife and I have been thinking about the Christmas valley area for some time, might have to use your route and expand on it. Good job though it's a great list hopefully I'll be able to explore some of them in person