Route from California to Oregon

• HTML tutorial

Gary Culmer

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Nor Cal
Ham/GMRS Callsign
CulmerBuilt
Hello all. Newbie here. Looking for a route from Nor Cal to Oregon via forest service roads. Possibly from Weed, Ca to Mt. Ashland, or Jackson, Or. Is this a passable route? Has anyone done it or have info on it? Thanks in advance.

Ronnie B 7070

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gearhart, OR, USA
First Name
ronnie
Last Name
baskins
Member #

Hello all. Newbie here. Looking for a route from Nor Cal to Oregon via forest service roads. Possibly from Weed, Ca to Mt. Ashland, or Jackson, Or. Is this a passable route? Has anyone done it or have info on it? Thanks in advance.
try the obcdr # 5 or # 3 thats oregon back country discovery routs

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
I'm somewhat new to this as well, I'm assuming OBCDR #5 OR #3 are road designation names? Are there maps/info available to see the length and difficulty as well as camping locations etc. Or perhaps there is an app that one can recommend for such adventures

This site should give you all needed info

OBCDR should all be easy, and camping locations are pretty much wherever you want I believe.

Route 3 comes up in the Medford area, and Route 5 is more in the Klamath area.

Reactions: Billiebob and Kotik

Risco family adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hillsboro, OR, USA
First Name
Willy
Last Name
Risco
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy ret
If you download Google Maps for that area you will be able to find alternate routes. You should do this anyways when using the OBCDR maps I was on route three this last weekend and most of it is good to go auto some still had snow. Good luck and enjoy the trip