• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Rockhampton QLD, Australia
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Macca
Member #

I'll hopefully be up at 5 five rocks next week sometime... (if all goes well), but it will only be a quick recce in and out to see what's on offer for a future family trip...
Hey Rob, you'll love it, just chose a good low tide time and you'll easily be able to do 9 mile beach, also you'll get a few (more) pin strips on the car

Reactions: Aussie571

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, Queensland Australia
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

Hey Rob, you'll love it, just chose a good low tide time and you'll easily be able to do 9 mile beach, also you'll get a few (more) pin strips on the car
No worries with the pin striping, have plenty on the old defender now... Unsure how long I'll stay at Byfields for but can u drive in and out in a day or is that too much? I realise more time would be better but just unsure of time schedule at this point in time

Contributor I

Rockhampton QLD, Australia
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Macca
Member #

No worries with the pin striping, have plenty on the old defender now... Unsure how long I'll stay at Byfields for but can u drive in and out in a day or is that too much? I realise more time would be better but just unsure of time schedule at this point in time
Absolutely mate, a day is fine to drive in and out from Byfield. I highly recommend camping at Upper Stony Creek (book campsite online through NPRS), amazing swimming hole (creek) and not far from the road/track that goes to the stockyards/9 mile beach and 5 Rocks.

During the week is a great time to go, less people.

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

Absolutely mate, a day is fine to drive in and out from Byfield. I highly recommend camping at Upper Stony Creek (book campsite online through NPRS), amazing swimming hole (creek) and not far from the road/track that goes to the stockyards/9 mile beach and 5 Rocks.

Cool... thanks mate, much appreciated ;)

Visiting a few old ghost mining areas on my way up there so, hoping should be up there around Wed/Thu next week if all goes well

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

Hey Grant...

Just noticed a little track up that way called Pistol Gap Track - There's a few Youtube Videos of it, just wondering if u have been along it? Looks interesting ;)

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

I haven't done the pistol gap track yet. I don't have a winch and worried about being unable to self recover. It looks pretty good though.
I just returned from there and I checked out the Pistol Gap Loop Track - Looking @ the south entrance was enough for me to give it a miss as I was on my own and it looks like it which a winch job or possible panel damage depending on which path u took... It's a very short track and that exit looks to be the main problem point

Reactions: chriswoodrow

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Time for a bump on this thread.....

Pop in all my Aussies and say G'day
G'day Steve!
It's been a few years since I've visited this site I must have a nose around. Do you have much planned for the easter break? I'll be camping up near Newcastle NSW. Hopefullythe foreacst changes to sun!
G'day. Nothing planned personally. Just having a quiet one while sorting the Facebook group out. Are you on Facebook? We definitely have more going on over there.

GabrielSyler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatswood NSW, Australia
Member #

G'day. Nothing planned personally. Just having a quiet one while sorting the Facebook group out. Are you on Facebook? We definitely have more going on over there.
I was a member of the overland fb group. I did see that something had changed with the group recently but I don't recall their ever being many posts in there tbh. although it may have died down during the covid fiasco and now dropped off my FB algos