Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver, CO
First Name
Arin
Last Name
Hanohano
Member #

That's what I was pondering as well. I'll need to head over on Saturday. /QUOTE]

Okay awesome! It's my birthday on Saturday, and the lady wants to head down there either Friday or Saturday. Let’s grab a campsite together on Saturday shall we?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Okay awesome! It's my birthday on Saturday, and the lady wants to head down there either Friday or Saturday. Let’s grab a campsite together on Saturday shall we?
What sort of campsite to you prefer? I normally opt for the free dispersed areas.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
So the Colorado passes are looking good for both groups to travel on. Our group has decided to try and do all 19 of the FunTrek trails and skip out on Utah. Yes, I am bummed about that but they want to stay where it is cooler and have trees and water as a backdrop every day and night. We have dwindled down to just 5 vehicles now. Do you have a list of dates and trails that you plan to do in Colorado? It would be great to hook up with you all on a trail or two or three. We will have 2 JKU's, 1 JK, 1 4Runner and 1 Xterra. GMRS channel 19 is what we will be using on the trails, Ham 462.6500.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
So the Colorado passes are looking good for both groups to travel on. Our group has decided to try and do all 19 of the FunTrek trails and skip out on Utah. Yes, I am bummed about that but they want to stay where it is cooler and have trees and water as a backdrop every day and night. We have dwindled down to just 5 vehicles now. Do you have a list of dates and trails that you plan to do in Colorado? It would be great to hook up with you all on a trail or two or three. We will have 2 JKU's, 1 JK, 1 4Runner and 1 Xterra. GMRS channel 19 is what we will be using on the trails, Ham 462.6500.
The itinerary is listed in @VentureOverland's original post and the Rally Point.

Reactions: Graeman

Ram Rebel Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver, CO
First Name
Arin
Last Name
Hanohano
Member #

What sort of campsite to you prefer? I normally opt for the free dispersed areas.
I prefer free dispersed areas too. There's a good area off 191 and Willow Flats Rd. we stayed at that can accommodate quite a few rigs. There's also a beautiful area off the Gemini Bridges Trail inside a small canyon that is free.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I prefer free dispersed areas too. There's a good area off 191 and Willow Flats Rd. we stayed at that can accommodate quite a few rigs. There's also a beautiful area off the Gemini Bridges Trail inside a small canyon that is free.
I believe I've stayed in the Willow Flats area and also just north in the Dalton Wells area. There's another area on the opposite of the highway a little closer to town, but I'm not finding it at the moment.

I will plan for that if I do travel the whole way in on Saturday. There's a chance I might stop along the way shortening the Sunday drive. Let's keep in touch.

Anyone else interested?

@Rick Louie, I hope it works out. I look forward to seeing you again!

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

I believe I've stayed in the Willow Flats area and also just north in the Dalton Wells area. There's another area on the opposite of the highway a little closer to town, but I'm not finding it at the moment.

I will plan for that if I do travel the whole way in on Saturday. There's a chance I might stop along the way shortening the Sunday drive. Let's keep in touch.

Anyone else interested?

@Rick Louie, I hope it works out. I look forward to seeing you again!
Yes, I'm planning on going. @Neal A. Tew the initial plan was to get an early start toward Moab on Sunday morning, but I could be persuaded to leave Saturday. I'm planning on going via 285 and then on 50 across. I'm a little confused, are we meeting at Gemini Bridges or at City Market? The Rally Point has City Market as the location, but I thought we were camping at Gemini Bridges on Sunday.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Yes, I'm planning on going. @Neal A. Tew the initial plan was to get an early start toward Moab on Sunday morning, but I could be persuaded to leave Saturday. I'm planning on going via 285 and then on 50 across. I'm a little confused, are we meeting at Gemini Bridges or at City Market? The Rally Point has City Market as the location, but I thought we were camping at Gemini Bridges on Sunday.
Taking the scenic route? Doesn't that add about 2 hours?

I understood that we were meeting at City Market and would then go towards Gemini Bridges looking for a camping spot.

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

Yea it does add a couple of hours but is more scenic and less stressful. I despise I-70. It depends on work this week (as usual). If you are going to take off Saturday, let me know. I may join you.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Yea it does add a couple of hours but is more scenic and less stressful. I despise I-70. It depends on work this week (as usual). If you are going to take off Saturday, let me know. I may join you.
I probably will. I havent decided whether to drive the whole way Sat or camp along the way. We could meet in the Poncha area.

Venture Overland Gear

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Castle Rock, CO, USA
Member #

We ARE planning on hitting the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally on Friday. Plan is to leave super early Friday AM, camp somewhere in Gunnison, and head to Moab Saturday morning and scope out a handful of possible campsites.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@sean.reyes
I usually do, but with the Moab heat and the fact he's not presently playing well with others, I think he's staying behind.

BTW, your member number required me to have a second look!