US Rocky Mountain Rocks n Rockies

• HTML tutorial

Venture Overland Gear

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Castle Rock, CO, USA
Member #

Venture Overland’s Rocks n Rockies 2019 Overland trip will be one for the books! It’ll be 8 days of relaxing and overlanding! Starting the trip in Moab, Utah, we’ll run four trails over two days. After some red rock fun, we’ll set out on the 160 mile Rimrocker Trail for a two day overlanding trek to Montrose, Colorado. Once in the Colorado Rockies, we’ll venture over six of our favorite trails for the remaining four days, including a day at, arguably, our favorite hang out in Ouray, the Ouray Hot Springs!

In addition to the sightseeing along the trails and relaxing at the Ouray Hot Springs, we’ll also visit Silverton and Telluride, ride the Telluride Gondola into Mountain Village. There are many other cool, fun things to do and see as well as cool places to eat and shop! We’ll try to do a little “touristing” while in each town!

Message if you have any questions

Dates:

August 4th – 11th 2019

Meeting point:

City Market’s Northside Parking Lot in Moab Utah

*This is not a sponsored event, everyone should come prepared with their own camping, offroading, overlanding, and recovery gear, as well as your own food, snacks, drinks, cold and warm weather clothing and swimming attire.*

- The Hot Springs is about $22-ish including towel rental (bring quarters for the locker)
- The Telluride Gondola is free
- Arches National Park Pass is $30

While we are going to try to stick to this Itinerary, it is more of a suggested itinerary. We’ll deviate as needed/wanted for the sake of fun!

Trail List:

Gemini Bridges
Chicken Corners
Hells Revenge
Fins n Things
Rimrocker Trail
Alta Lakes
Imogene Pass
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Black Bear Pass
Last Dollar Road

Week Itinerary:

Sunday:
Meet up
Gemini Bridges
Find/Set up camp

Monday:
Hells Revenge
Fins n Things
Camp on Fins n Things

Tuesday:
Start Rimrocker Trail
Camp on Trail

Wednesday:
Finish Rimrocker Trail
Re-supply in Montrose
Camp at Alta Lakes

Thursday:
Imogene Pass
Ouray Hot Springs
Hang out in Town
Mineral Creek Camp

Friday:
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Animas Forks Camp

Saturday:
Black Bear Pass
Hang out in Telluride
Telluride Gondola
Last Dollar Road Camp

Sunday:
Finish Last Dollar Road
Breakfast in Ridgway
Head home

View Rally Point

BearWagon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arvada, CO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0MJU
Now this sounds like a good time.....will have to keep this on the radar........not sure if I'll have enough vaca days remaining by then with all the other trips/states I'm trying to knock out this year. But then again this trip might be worth not getting paid for...

Jason
@subdivo_overland

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Now this sounds like a good time.....will have to keep this on the radar........not sure if I'll have enough vaca days remaining by then with all the other trips/states I'm trying to knock out this year. But then again this trip might be worth not getting paid for...

Jason
@subdivo_overland
I'm confident it'll be worth it!

Great entertainment! Last year @Venture Overland even brought in a bear! I wonder what they'll do this year?

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Venture Overland’s Rocks n Rockies 2019 Overland trip will be one for the books! It’ll be 8 days of relaxing and overlanding! Starting the trip in Moab, Utah, we’ll run four trails over two days. After some red rock fun, we’ll set out on the 160 mile Rimrocker Trail for a two day overlanding trek to Montrose, Colorado. Once in the Colorado Rockies, we’ll venture over six of our favorite trails for the remaining four days, including a day at, arguably, our favorite hang out in Ouray, the Ouray Hot Springs!

In addition to the sightseeing along the trails and relaxing at the Ouray Hot Springs, we’ll also visit Silverton and Telluride, ride the Telluride Gondola into Mountain Village. There are many other cool, fun things to do and see as well as cool places to eat and shop! We’ll try to do a little “touristing” while in each town!

Dates:

August 4th – 11th 2019

Meeting point:

*This is not a sponsored event, everyone should come prepared with their own camping, offroading, overlanding, and recovery gear, as well as your own food, snacks, drinks, cold and warm weather clothing and swimming attire.*

- The Hot Springs is about $22-ish including towel rental (bring quarters for the locker)

While we are going to try to stick to this Itinerary, it is more of a suggested itinerary. We’ll deviate as needed/wanted for the sake of fun!

Trail List:

Gemini Bridges
Chicken Corners
Hells Revenge
Fins n Things
Rimrocker Trail
Alta Lakes
Imogene Pass
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Black Bear Pass
Last Dollar Road

Week Itinerary:

Sunday:
Meet up
Gemini Bridges
Find/Set up camp

Monday:
Hells Revenge
Fins n Things
Camp on Fins n Things

Tuesday:
Start Rimrocker Trail
Camp on Trail

Wednesday:
Finish Rimrocker Trail
Re-supply in Montrose
Camp at Alta Lakes

Thursday:
Imogene Pass
Ouray Hot Springs
Hang out in Town
Mineral Creek Camp

Friday:
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Animas Forks Camp

Saturday:
Black Bear Pass
Hang out in Telluride
Telluride Gondola
Last Dollar Road Camp

Sunday:
Finish Last Dollar Road
Breakfast in Ridgway
Head home
That's a great trip and we would love to join you guys.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
What does the terrain look like? Planning on hitting up some of those trails over the summer. Unsure of how well built Id need to be. Think Ill need lockers? Currently on 32s
The terrain is amazing. I've done many of the scheduled trails in my stock full size Chevy. I plan to be on this trip in the same truck. There may be a couple of the Moab trails I'll sit out.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Dates:

August 4th – 11th 2019

Meeting point:

Trail List:

Gemini Bridges
Chicken Corners
Hells Revenge
Fins n Things
Rimrocker Trail
Alta Lakes
Imogene Pass
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Black Bear Pass