RoadShower vs WaterPort ??

• HTML tutorial

Camping water - Waterport or Roadshower?

• Total voters

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
You got a great deal! I missed out on that action. Costco.com now has it but unfortunately is normal pricing without the extra items.
It was definitely worth it. I've only used it once as I'm waiting on a trailer to be built, but having running water is really nice. The total system from Costco was a nice discount and is a great deal even at regular price... Much better than the bucket I was using earlier.

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE !?!?
BEWARE me thinks....

The Shopping Cart : usfinestore.com

this link came up while using " yahoo " to search for a waterport. says its 54.95 ?...... I scan the bottom and see where its SUPPOSED to ship from:

INFORMATION

• +86 15884704934
  • xinranm99@gmail.com
  • Meng Xinran
  • Building 6F, No. 1, 100 Zixiu Road, Minhang District, Shanghai, 201103 China

what do you think? should I GAMBLE ? haha

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

View attachment 63239View attachment 63240View attachment 63241

I sourced my own parts from Amazon and home depot. This all cost me $250 and took less than a day to install. You bypass the heater supply hose through the heat exchanger and use the pump to push water through the exchanger. I hold the hoses in a screw top 5 gallon bucket along with my soap.

It gets warm the first time through but if you cycle through the bucket for 45 secs it can get up to 120 degrees. Always has pressure and you can get 2 people bathed in 1 bucket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Now to me this is the perfect set-up. I have though about this before and even have the flat plate heat exchanger on hand.
With this set-up you get hot water with or without sun, cold temps will not matter. You can get a hot shower on a cold morning in the shade.
I also like this set-up because you control the amount of water, you are not limited to what fits in the tube. You can even stand in a large bucket and recycle the water for a nice long shower without wasting water.
Park by a lake or a stream and you could have an endless hot shower. You would just need a long suction hose and some environmentally safe soap (Dr. Bonners, etc)
The only down side I see to it is that you have to run the engine to heat it up first. However, if you have been driving the engine is already hot. If it is a cold morning, warm the engine and take a shower right before you hit the road.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Last edited:

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Made my own. 6 gallons and about $99 bucks.

If there's a sun and it stays in the sun for a few hours, it is warm enough.

During cold days (note I'm in Cali, cold to us is 50 degrees), especially in the morning. I heat up a gallon of water and dump it inside the tube. It mixeS with the other 5 gallon and it's pretty warm.

I do this before everyone else wakes up and while making a coffee on my jetboil.

92361D1E-C804-4CBE-B90F-C0E4ED055DF9.png

Last edited: