Road Shower vs. Waterport vs. ?

• HTML tutorial

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Yes, it can be filled manually as well. We have a schrader valve that allows you to use a pump or compressor.
Perfect, that is my problem with the rinse kit. I’d like to be able to fill it from a water jug when I’m not going to have access to a pressurized water spigot. Sounds like this will probably suit my needs. Thanks for answering my questions!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Also, I saw that it says to fill with a garden hose, does this need to be pressurized or can it be filled with a jug with gravity. I’m assuming it just relies on the shraeder valve for pressure but wanted to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Not sure if your question got answered, there can be two ways to fill. First is just use the garden hose and as it fills it pressurizes. 2nd way is to fill it from the opening, like using a funnel or something, and then pressurize it yourself with a compressor or bike pump.

edit: D'oh, didn't see the question had been answered.

Reactions: 000

BigAZAdventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

I just ordered a WaterPort right now because of this thread, and of course the discount. Hope to have it in a couple of days!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I am a huge Water Port supporter. I got one in May 2018 and have used it on three trips to take full blown soap and water showers, wash dishes, and rise off the back of my rig. This little rig has a ton of options which make it more versatile than the Road Shower.

1. Capacity: < 4 gallons
2. Three (3) Pressurization Options (Max - 50psi):
a. Use garden hose fitting to fill and pressurize all in one go
b. Fill to 80% and use air compressor / bicycle pump to pressurize via built in schrader valve
c. Purchase optional cap with built in pump to pressurize
3. Removable / Portable - One can take to any water source and fill with non-potable water and utilize
4. Multiple mounting options

I am not too worried about water temperature when I am hot, sweaty, dirty, stinky. I just want to be clean, and the Water Port does the trick.

Note: Keep in mind this basic procedure when using as a shower: 1) Rinse down - turn off water, 2) Soap down, 3) Rinse off . Otherwise you will most likely run out of water mid-shower. Not good! I'm glad there is no video of me refilling tank with bottled water in the raw. LOL

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

My setup is a bit more complex, but still packs small and was actually pretty cheap. The shower tent cost as much as any of the hardware. I think my Eccotemp L5 was ~$100

The EccoTemp L5 means hot water anytime without any sun, which seems to happen to me constantly. (and rain) Its great so far. It gets the water really hot, even cold water straight out of the tap. If your water is hot from being in a plastic jerry can on the back of the rig, you almost can't even turn on the L5 because the lowest the L5 can go will be steaming hot.

Works way better than I expected... the 50 psi pump it came with with my Oxygenics Fury RV shower head has damn near the same pressure/force as my house, just with lower water usage. If I am careful, I can take a good comfortable shower with half a 5L jerry can.

Excluding the shower tent, the setup fits in a pretty small area of one of those roof cases I have.

Reactions: xplorr and Stickman

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
I know this is an old thread, any chance there is a discount code still active?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah was hoping for the same thing, look like the old code doesn't work anymore.

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
I'm thinking about the WaterPort. I need something for a quick shower and need something to clean my dog before we crawl in the Jeep to sleep. Might just save a little money and use a Helio.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I have been thinking about this purchase for awhile now. Wanted something that would be good for cleaning up after the beach as well as multi-function during camping.

I ended up purchasing the waterport from Costco this week when it price dropped to $130. I like the trailer hitch mount option (I don't have a roof rack).

Will let you know how it goes

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I got mine from Costco delivered today. I'd had a first gen one that I returned but Waterport has continued to improve their design and the new version with the coiled 8' hose and pump cap included for $130 was a great deal. It will do the trick a whole lot better than the Simple Shower bottle shower (which works great for taking a shower out of a bottle). It will be stowed in the back of the van while at home and dropped onto the hitch mount and secured when traveling.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I received my water port and am very happy. The build is good, heavy duty and locks onto my hitch with a padlock.

I was surprised by the pressure just from filing with the garden hose, it was every bit as strong as the hose.

The pressure pump cap works (slowly) but considering that's an of necessary means of pressure, I'm fine. There's also a schrader valve on the side with a protective cap should one prefer to carry a bicycle pump. Came with an 8'coil hose and a standard garden hose gun with selectable streams.

I def recommend.

Reactions: Graeman

Lvfunnyfarm

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

I also have a Jeep I’m considering a water port for. I have been using a Nemo helio for a couple of years now. I would like to free up some interior storage space. From water port’s photos it looks as if it might hang a little low when hitch mounted. Is it maybe the angle they are taking the photo from? Does it sit lower than the muffler as it appears?