Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yep, that's why I upgraded to a Road Shower 4. I'm looking forward to warmer weather to test it out and start using it!
I look forward to hearing how the new one works. I talked to the rep at the Portland OR Sportsman's show and I was convinced that the new one is much better.
From my previous career I worry about having a pressurized vessel on the roof so I hope the instructions include something about presurizing it just prior to use.

Reactions: Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pftt, I used to have SCUBA tanks banging around in the back of the VW, so 65 PSI on the roof doesn't bother me. ;)
Actually It doesn't bother me either now, but as a past fire officer I would need to think twice about it during a vehicle accident. Way different standards for he tank construction also. ;-)

Reactions: Steve

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I picked up a RS4s last Summer. Because of the shape and weight keeping it off until my next trip. Definitely a nice to have for cleaning off kid’s feet and stuff after a day at the beach or camping etc.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm sorry to hear about all you nice people spending $500-$600 for this contraption. I own a $116.00 tankless water heater from Sportsman's guide that uses propane that every one carries. I carry 10 gallons of water for things just like your talking about, muddy feet, dirty dogs, even humans. Never ever needed more than 5 gallons of water. Have fun with your toy. I'll use the money I didn't spend on something vital for camping. BTW a $19.95 / 4.5 gallon bug sprayer painted black and sitting on you car roof will work just as well.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I'm sorry to hear about all you nice people spending $500-$600 for this contraption. I own a $116.00 tankless water heater from Sportsman's guide that uses propane that every one carries. I carry 10 gallons of water for things just like your talking about, muddy feet, dirty dogs, even humans. Never ever needed more than 5 gallons of water. Have fun with your toy. I'll use the money I didn't spend on something vital for camping. BTW a $19.95 / 4.5 gallon bug sprayer painted black and sitting on you car roof will work just as well.
Didn’t even know Sportsman’s Guide even carried something similar. I know they’ve been around for years.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
How do you pressurize the water for your tankless water heater?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Didn’t even know Sportsman’s Guide even carried something similar. I know they’ve been around for years.
I have been a buyers club member for 20 years. They have almost anyting you can think of for outdoors. They are getting a little pricier in the past year but still sell many things at a very reasonable price. Amazon cant beat them on the outdoor tankless water heater though. Check them out, there products are good.

How do you pressurize the water for your tankless water heater?
It doesn't require pressure. You buy a cheap submersible fountain water pump or Amazon sells a water pump for such uses for about $20. You put the submersible pump in a five gallon container hooked up to the tankless water heater. Walla

Reactions: RoarinRow

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I have been a buyers club member for 20 years. They have almost anyting you can think of for outdoors. They are getting a little pricier in the past year but still sell many things at a very reasonable price. Amazon cant beat them on the outdoor tankless water heater though. Check them out, there products are good.

It doesn't require pressure. You buy a cheap submersible fountain water pump or Amazon sells a water pump for such uses for about $20. You put the submersible pump in a five gallon container hooked up to the tankless water heater. Walla
That's still pressure from a pump. Glad it works for you as I doubt the water fountain pump puts out the water pressure spec'd by the tankless water heater, but hey if it works to your satisfaction that's all that matters.

I've camped with a couple folks using the tankless water heaters and half the time they won't ignite, or if you run it at the max temp, which really isn't that hot, it shuts off and won't re-ignite. I know Turtleback trailers stopped using them and went back to a Dometic unit for reliability.

There was a new type at ExpoWest that looked pretty interesting, the name escapes me at the moment.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That's still pressure from a pump. Glad it works for you as I doubt the water fountain pump puts out the water pressure spec'd by the tankless water heater, but hey if it works to your satisfaction that's all that matters.

I've camped with a couple folks using the tankless water heaters and half the time they won't ignite, or if you run it at the max temp, which really isn't that hot, it shuts off and won't re-ignite. I know Turtleback trailers stopped using them and went back to a Dometic unit for reliability.

There was a new type at ExpoWest that looked pretty interesting, the name escapes me at the moment.
The amazon sprayer combo pump (posted above) is meant for showering, not washing cars, The pressure is fine. Yes, all devises talked about here need pressure, it's how much you want that counts. The man's question to me was how do you pressurize the tankless water heater and I answered that. He didn't ask how much pressure can it take to make a tankless water heater work. I have not seen or heard of anyone complaining about the tankless not firing up or performing as it should. We are only talking about warm water not Hot water. If I wanted hot I would boil it on a fire or stove burner. All you will get from that Chinese tank top rig is warm water too, it just cost you $500 to get it. That is what this thread is about, the cost of warm water and a way to spray it. Thanks for your input even though we may not agree, I'll loan you my portable shower rig if you ever need one and I am there to help. My back up shower is a 5 gallon sprayer with a hand pump attached to the tank, an altered sprayer, painted black and sits on the vehicle roof all day and only cost (on sale) $19.95.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

The amazon sprayer combo pump (posted above) is meant for showering, not washing cars, The pressure is fine. Yes, all devises talked about here need pressure, it's how much you want that counts. The man's question to me was how do you pressurize the tankless water heater and I answered that. He didn't ask how much pressure can it take to make a tankless water heater work. I have not seen or heard of anyone complaining about the tankless not firing up or performing as it should. We are only talking about warm water not Hot water. If I wanted hot I would boil it on a fire or stove burner. All you will get from that Chinese tank top rig is warm water too, it just cost you $500 to get it. That is what this thread is about, the cost of warm water and a way to spray it. Thanks for your input even though we may not agree, I'll loan you my portable shower rig if you ever need one and I am there to help. My back up shower is a 5 gallon sprayer with a hand pump attached to the tank, an altered sprayer, painted black and sits on the vehicle roof all day and only cost (on sale) $19.95.

Your first post was ridiculous and not helpful at all. Maybe be constructive instead of destructive. Not what this community is about Sir. Your fixation on costs could actually be beneficial if folks could see beyond your assumed indictment of how people want to spend their money.

Last edited by a moderator:

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I might have to hook up my Roadshower4 to a tankless water heater and see what happens:grinning:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
why are you being such a dick about this thread? Your first post was ridiculous and not helpful at all. Maybe be constructive instead of destructive. Not what this community is about Sir. Your fixation on costs could actually be beneficial if folks could see beyond your assumed indictment of how people want to spend their money.
Sir, my apologies if you think my first post was not helpful. I didn't consider the post improper or unhelpful and definitely not being an ass about it. I just wanted to let all the OB community know that it doesn't take big bucks to wash of your dog, shoes and other items the folks were discussing for three pages of the thread. It is constructive to let other people know there is more than two ways to (quote) skin a cat. I could care less about how people waste (in my opinion) there money on things of this sort if they have it. Not all people do and I was offering options they might consider. I want to see people out there with whatever they have and not feel intimidated by others equipment. I was told OB was about the inclusion of everyone including the newbies who are just now learning the tricks. It was my reason for joining. Even if our group were all millionaires I would still offer my advice and knowledge on how to do things economically. They can take it or leave it, it's their choice to make not yours. I didn't see you posting anything at all on this thread until you criticized my post, which leads me to think you might be a retailer for a product like this. We can all assume anything from your attitude. If you still feel I am an ass, that is your problem and you own it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Question, were you offended by my post ? There is someone in this thread that is and I would like to know what you think since he has already expressed his thoughts. Thank you

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Question, were you offended by my post ? There is someone in this thread that is and I would like to know what you think since he has already expressed his thoughts. Thank you
No offense taken here. I expect all people of all backgrounds and personalities in all forums. I have been an administrator myself and am unphased by people's comments. Thanks for asking though.