Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Losoya
Member #

I was gping to go, but ended up having to work overnight last night and got out at 6am super tired

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

@AGENT-X @JORGE ELIZONDO @Hector Sosa @Mgc @Fausto @Jose Losoya @Adrian cantu @Michael Ortega @Constancio @CVTJIMMY @Blue4175 @Hachi

I tried tagging Victor Solis as well, but it wouldn't let me.

So many other larger TX cities are having monthly meet-ups and thought maybe we should do the same. Maybe get together somewhere with good food? Cheap beer? And do some rig walk-arounds and whatnot. Y'all down for something like that? Maybe we can vote on a city to have it at that's convenient for everyone? What y'all think?

Reactions: JORGE ELIZONDO

JORGE ELIZONDO

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brownsville, TX, USA
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
ELIZONDO
Member #

@AGENT-X @JORGE ELIZONDO @Hector Sosa @Mgc @Fausto @Jose Losoya @Adrian cantu @Michael Ortega @Constancio @CVTJIMMY @Blue4175 @Hachi

So many other larger TX cities are having monthly meet-ups and thought maybe we should do the same. Maybe get together somewhere with good food? Cheap beer? And do some rig walk-arounds and whatnot. Y'all down for something like that? Maybe we can vote on a city to have it at that's convenient for everyone? What y'all think?

I think is a great idea let me know Were you guys want to meet up

Reactions: Daniel Diaz

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

That’s a good idea, rally point said it would be at the island. I vote for that since we have access 6 available if people want to go out there as well.

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

That’s a good idea, rally point said it would be at the island. I vote for that since we have access 6 available if people want to go out there as well.
The Rally Point at the Island is an overnight camp event, https://www.overlandbound.com/event/end-of-summer-bash-2/ , that I'm throwing and is a separate event than the monthly meet-ups I'd like us to start. I was thinking after the "End of Summer BASH" in September, we would start a monthly meet-up beginning sometime in October?

Reactions: Mgc

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Due to high winds and thunderstorms that will be approaching Saturday and Sunday, the "End of Summer BASH" event maybe cancelled. I will let y'all know by Wednesday, Sept. 19th if we're still on, giving that Sat and Sun become clear, if not, I'll pull the plug on the event Wednesday evening.

Either way, I'm already putting together our monthly meet up events starting October. I will also hold the raffle during our meet-ups.

Thanks y'all!!

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

The "End of Summer BASH" event has been officially CANCELLED due to severe weather that will be hitting the Island Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I am currently working on the details for the monthly meet-up and will be up very soon!! Thanks y'all!!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

When is the meet up? I'm Pharr.
Daniel has a current ongoing thread about S. Texas monthly meet up that I have tagged you in.

I also see you are a ham operator. We have a weekly echolink net on Friday nights @ 7:30 central time.
Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG)
Most of us use the Echolink app but do enjoy the repeater check ins.
If you would like to join in (we would like to have you) and need any help let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jace Skyshark