Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I've updated the Rally Point details with exact data on campsite location and a KML file for a quick ride through the forest.

The ride through the forest is short because I want everyone to get to the campsite with light left to set up camp. If anyone wants to set up camp before the rest of us arrive that would be great!

Please text me if there are any issues and we need to choose a different camp site: (714) 262-3333

Reactions: ABTK01

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
My lady and I are gonna join y’all! This will be our first meetup and we’re pretty stoked. Anyone else bringing their dog?

Is there still space in the crew for camping? If yes, We have our roof top tent on top of the overland trailer we pull behind the Subie, any word on trailers fitting on the trail?
I'll have my dog.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

My lady and I are gonna join y’all! This will be our first meetup and we’re pretty stoked. Anyone else bringing their dog?

Is there still space in the crew for camping? If yes, We have our roof top tent on top of the overland trailer we pull behind the Subie, any word on trailers fitting on the trail?

Iamthejoel I look forward to meeting you. My son drives a Suby Outback and he is very interested in functional upgrades for Overlanding. Last summer he followed my through sugar sand trails in the Ocala National Forrest and the Outback kept pace with my Sequoia...even better...where the weight of the Sequoia caused it to shift in the sugar sand, the lightness of the Outback just sailed across the top sugar sand. Where I decided to drive over a small fallen tree, I expected my son to detour, of course he didn't and the Outback navigated the fallen tree without any issues. We left the ONF with alot of pinstripping which is okay for the Sequoia however my son looked nauseous as he surveyed pinstripes on his Outback!

iamthejoel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

Iamthejoel I look forward to meeting you. My son drives a Suby Outback and he is very interested in functional upgrades for Overlanding. Last summer he followed my through sugar sand trails in the Ocala National Forrest and the Outback kept pace with my Sequoia...even better...where the weight of the Sequoia caused it to shift in the sugar sand, the lightness of the Outback just sailed across the top sugar sand. Where I decided to drive over a small fallen tree, I expected my son to detour, of course he didn't and the Outback navigated the fallen tree without any issues. We left the ONF with alot of pinstripping which is okay for the Sequoia however my son looked nauseous as he surveyed pinstripes on his Outback!
This is great info—thank you for reaching out. I’m excited to meet you as well and maybe your son at some point too and we can lament our pinstriping together haha

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
hey im on the right event.. so we will be there tomorrow for the meet and plan on trail riding for a little while, but we wont be camping(as of right now)
Okay cool! Well I hope you’ll be able to camp out!

The trail ride will be short, so maybe you can hang out long enough to do a night ride with the group!

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Applewood, Lakewood, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
My only issue with this trip is comms. I'm, currently, limited to my cell. If someone has a spare handheld CB I could borrow, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

TJ Willy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Well the coordinates are some what off! Nick's coordinates at boat ramp is posted no camping. Danans coordinates lead to atv trails. We currently at Shanty Pond camp ground ! Off fr 33. Anyone else having difficulty ? If so find ur way to Shanty Pond off Fr 33. There plenty of room for all ! 8 bucks a site, but u can pack 2 3or more on one site. Hash an eggs in the morning! Laura the fire master has done it again !

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Well the coordinates are some what off! Nick's coordinates at boat ramp is posted no camping. Danans coordinates lead to atv trails. We currently at Shanty Pond camp ground ! Off fr 33. Anyone else having difficulty ? If so find ur way to Shanty Pond off Fr 33. There plenty of room for all ! 8 bucks a site, but u can pack 2 3or more on one site. Hash an eggs in the morning! Laura the fire master has done it again !
Thanks for the info!!

We’ll be taking off from Ace Cafe at about 12:30! I take it you’ve got cell service at your campsite?

TJ Willy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Well another great O B trip ! Thanks to Danan an Nick for putting this trip together. Next time anyone is in Ocala forest ride fr 46 . Start off on fr 09 to SR 19 or reverse. Great trail to desperse camp with your rig an great open view ! But keep your camp fire low not to draw attention to ur camp! Between fr 33 an 09 is best. Hope to camp there soon myself an maybe do some bear an wildlife spotting! Let's plan another ! Also plan a canoe an kayak trip at juniper springs and do the juniper run,very beautiful! Everyone can stay at juniper campground. An possibly reserve a secition to be all together. And is anyone up for a camping weekend poker run in Withlacochee citrus forest ? Anyway great to meet new people with same interests ! Hope to see y'all again soon !

Last edited:

iamthejoel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

Well another great O B trip ! Thanks to Danan an Nick for putting this trip together. Next time anyone is in Ocala forest ride fr 46 . Start off on fr 09 to SR 19 or reverse. Great trail to desperse camp with your rig an great open view ! But keep your camp fire low not to draw attention to ur camp! Between fr 33 an 09 is best. Hope to camp there soon myself an maybe do some bear an wildlife spotting! Let's plan another ! Also plan a canoe an kayak trip at juniper springs and do the juniper run,very beautiful! Everyone can stay at juniper campground. An possibly reserve a secition to be all together. And is anyone up for a camping weekend poker run in Withlacochee citrus forest ? Anyway great to meet new people with same interests ! Hope to see y'all again soon !
Had a blast meeting and hangin’ with all! Look forward to more opportunities!

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

It was an excellent adventure through ONF. Thank you for joining us for the trip. Seemed like Everyone had a blast. That was our second official Ace Cafe OB meet. Once I move I hope someone down here will continue the meets!

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan