Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Hi Danan, it's Rafael, it was nice to meet you yesterday, Saturday night, at the Withlacoochee SF - Citrus Unit Meet up at the campfire. I've relocated camping plans for the weekend of the 2/22-24 to the ONF. We'll arrive on Friday therefore skipping the Meet Up at Ace. I see the location of the campsite. How do we make arrangements for a Friday arrival?

Traveler I

Orlando
Hay guys this is ganna be my first overland type event I've done a lot of trail riding and everything befor but my buddy wants to know I'd he can bring his awd Subaru outback.

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hay guys this is ganna be my first overland type event I've done a lot of trail riding and everything befor but my buddy wants to know I'd he can bring his awd Subaru outback.
From my personal experience he should be just fine driving the Subaru Outback up there to the camp spot. However, keep in mind off road tires are recommended on this trip.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hi Danan, it's Rafael, it was nice to meet you yesterday, Saturday night, at the Withlacoochee SF - Citrus Unit Meet up at the campfire. I've relocated camping plans for the weekend of the 2/22-24 to the ONF. We'll arrive on Friday therefore skipping the Meet Up at Ace. I see the location of the campsite. How do we make arrangements for a Friday arrival?
Hey Rafael! Great to meet you as well!

If you want to camp in the same spot, just post up somewhere around the meeting point! If you find a nice place that has shade and can accommodate ~10 rigs send me some pictures!

714-262-3333

But we will still meet at the primary destination.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Hey Rafael! Great to meet you as well!

If you want to camp in the same spot, just post up somewhere around the meeting point! If you find a nice place that has shade and can accommodate ~10 rigs send me some pictures!

714-262-3333

But we will still meet at the primary destination.
Dannan, will do. Curious though, I've been to the Hopkins Prairie and only know about the "organized campground". Are reservations required where we are going? Are there any other requirements for camping in the ONF? I see that the coordinates that NickZero are for the meet spot, not the camp spot.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Dannan, will do. Curious though, I've been to the Hopkins Prairie and only know about the "organized campground". Are reservations required where we are going? Are there any other requirements for camping in the ONF? I see that the coordinates that NickZero are for the meet spot, not the camp spot.
Great Question. There are no reservations for this area of Ocala National Forrest. This is not an official forrest camp ground, it is only a nice open area beneath the pines along a trail formed by hunters. I chose to link coordinates to this 'meet' spot since it is a recognizable land mark from a Birds Eye View perspective and can fit our entire convoy if necessary. The 'camp' spot is only a quarter mile or so away from the 'meet' spot. The reason I chose not to link coordinates to the 'camp' spot is because it is hidden beneath the trees and there would be no identifiable land mark for BIV perspective. --- Once the Official meet at Ace Cafe is underway either Danan or myself will update this thread with an approximate ETA to the 'meet' spot at Hopkins Prairie ONF. This way those who could not attend the meet in Orlando will have our ETA to for appropriate interception at the ONF 'meet' spot location. I hope this clarifies things. --- Our CB channel will be Ch.16 / Walkies on Ch. 3.

Reactions: ABTK01

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
During the pre-run there was nothing that would stop a Subie. Tell him to come along!

iamthejoel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

My lady and I are gonna join y’all! This will be our first meetup and we’re pretty stoked. Anyone else bringing their dog?

Is there still space in the crew for camping? If yes, We have our roof top tent on top of the overland trailer we pull behind the Subie, any word on trailers fitting on the trail?

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

My lady and I are gonna join y’all! This will be our first meetup and we’re pretty stoked. Anyone else bringing their dog?

Is there still space in the crew for camping? If yes, We have our roof top tent on top of the overland trailer we pull behind the Subie, any word on trailers fitting on the trail?
Trailers are a go considering they are of a smaller dimension.

Reactions: iamthejoel

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign